Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin help

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
i have a half of a full pork loin i wanna do for lunch meat and hot roast pork sandwiches . i know to take it to 145 internal but am conflicted weather to do it slow or bring the temp up around 350 and do it faster . any suggestions would be great Thanks 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I typically do in the 350 range. As long as you don't over cook, you'll be fine. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I would go a little slower and develop a little more smoky flavor. 

Little Rock, AR

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    if you have a deli slicer, you'll love the lunch meat sliced thin. I sliced cold Tri-tip thin on the slicer and it was the best beef lunch meat. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I would take it slow and indirect. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I tend to do pork loin raised direct at 400, however it'll be good either way as long as you hit your target temp of 145. Like biggreenpharmacist said if you want more of a smokey flavor cook lower and longer. Personally I usually marinade and cook quick and hot to get a nice sear on it. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    If it is a big full loin I like to go indirect about 275 till hits 125-130 and then direct for a little char   If it's the small tenderloin the I will run raised direct at about 325-350 and flip often till it hits 137 or then let it rest and you should end up a perfect 145.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Try this, marinade in teriyaki and pineapple juice, low and slow indirect, use Cherry and Hickory, 1 medium size a piece. Go 250F, till about 140F remove wrap in foil until serving. You can get the marinade at your grocery store, cheaper the better.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    I usually cook indirect at 350 until 145 degrees.  Carry over will raise the temperature somewhat above that.  I grew up in the days when trichinosis was a problem and have never quite adjusted to pink pork.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    Indirect at 350 to the temp you like. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7