Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time try at Pastrami (it only took 7 days) Pics inside!

Options

Well it was a several day process but it is finally done! Made corned beef brisket from scratch. Brined for seven days, smoked in the egg for four hours, then steamed in the oven for another three! Best pastrami I have ever had! Finished with Rye bread, bacon, and cheese  =)

Comments

• Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    Options
    Congrats!!!  That makes my mouth water, I have yet to perfect pastrami in the egg.  That looks awesome, well done!
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Looks really good.  It was great that you made the effort to do it from scratch.  Well worth it.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • CTegger427
    CTegger427 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you! It was great. It may take seven more days to do it from scratch but you are right it was definitely worth it!
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I think you also get a better piece of brisket when doing it from scratch. Most of the corned beef pieces I've seen in the store (especially the cheap ones sold right after St. Patricks's Day are low quality.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA