Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey sausage recipes????

bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been making sausage lately, and am looking for some good turkey sausage recipes. Anyone have a good one i should try?[p]Thanks,
phillip

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    bbqwizard,[p]Here is my favorite chicken sausage recipe, I don't know why you couldn't use turkey. This has been posted on the internet for years and I bought the book after trying it, so I hope it's ok for me to pass it on here. My little changes are included.[p]~thirdeye~[p]This one is from “Hot Links & Country Flavors” Bruce Aidells & Denis Kelly and inspired from Mark Miller @ the Coyote Café in Sante Fe.[p]Santa Fe Spicy Chicken, Pork & Cilantro Sausage: (3 lb. recipe)
    1 ½ lb. chicken thighs, boned & skinned
    1 lb. pork butt
    ½ lb. pork back fat (I add ½ lb. more of pork butt instead)
    1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
    ¼ C poblano, fire roasted, peeled & chopped
    2T minced garlic
    ¼ C tequila
    1C chopped fresh cilantro
    ¼ C fresh lime juice
    1 T kosher salt
    1 t ground black pepper[p]I use the coarse grind disc for both the pork & chicken. The Author recommends a coarse grind on the chicken & a fine (or double) grind on the pork. Blend all ingredients, chill for several hours before stuffing. Grill with a direct setup on a raised grill, medium temp. Brush with a little oil to make the skin crispy. These links will bleed a little liquid from the chicken out of the ends during grilling, causing a few blushes and giggles from your guests.<i/> Serve with fresh salsa[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    thirdeye,[p]looks fantastic! thanks[p]phillip