Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Everyone's posts about the small egg were incredibly helpful. Any advice you can provide about the mini (which might even be better for my single lifestyle) would be appreciated as well. Again, thanks for your help.

Comments

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    swpinspokane,I just got a mini a few weeks ago at the Florida eggfest. Its just my wife and myself a its fine for two people. Our medium works well when our daughters or friends are here.It will be perfect for your single lifestyle. But beware you will find you will have more friends and family comming out of the woodwork once they see your egg.Then you go for a large or medium.
    Cheers

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    swpinspokane,[p]Don't misunderstand me...I think the Mini is a great item![p]That said...it's size, (or lack of it)...severly restrict your capacity, and set up options!![p]Loosing the small's all-around versatility, isn't worth the trade down in weight, or price... to me.[p]JMO.[p]Evans[p][p][p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Snoopy Dog Dog
    Options
    swpinspokane,[p]I agree with Chubby. While the mini is a cool item, I think it is better as an addition and not your primary egg. Once you get into cooking, there are so many things you are going to want to try that just won't fit on that size. Turkeys, briskets, ribs, etc. In my opinion, go for the small at least. Get a mini later to take camping, tailgating, etc.[p]Chris
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    swpinspokane,
    BGE makes one smaller than the mini egg that came in real handy at my house...LOL
    Larry

[ul][li]Mini Mini Egg[/ul]
  • swpinspokane,[p]You didn't mention whether you live in a house or an apartment, but that will be a factor in which size egg you choose. Many apartments have restrictions about cooking in any area other than a courtyard, in which case a mini might suit you better - since you'll be lugging the Egg between your apartment and the cooking area. If you live in a house, you're home free. Consider getting at least a small, but go for a large if you can. I like to do most of my cooking for the week on Sunday - That leaves the rest of the weeknights free from having to make dinner from scratch. Also, the larger sizes (small on up) make it easier to cook for more than one person, should the need arise. [p][p]

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    swpinspokane,
    I have to agree with the prior responses. But let me add that I got my Mini when it was $99 at my 2nd Waldorf Eggfest... so it was worth it. Now I think they run more then $200, and it mostly collects dust and more of a novelty item. I'll use it just to simply have "more eggs cooking at once". I use my small for all my single cooks.
    Go with the small. Its much more worth it.
    ST