Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting acquainted with the medium today. Two cooks in one post.

Options
Since bringing the medium home a couple weeks ago, I still had not lit a fire in it.  Today I made it a point to light it and cook something on it.  This thing can be a workhorse I feel.  It is large enough to do many tasks.  

We were at the grocery store this morning and the wife said "I want some fried pickles".  I said "done"!  Got the rest of the list knocked out and came home and made some up.  Also had a Little Smoky dog.  Apparently they're making little smokies in larger hotdog format.  Looked good to me, so we got some. 

First cook was just that.  Fried pickles w/ranch dressing and little smoky hotdog.  

1 - This thing came up to temp quickly!  The new fire grate must be working well.  

2 - Pickles getting happy

3 -  

4 - The setup

5 - Pickles getting real happy now!

6 - Pickles with the dogs....

7 - Nothing to write home about, but dang good!

Second cook... 

Thick, center cut pork chops (brined before hand) with honey balsamic glaze/sauce.  Zucchini stuffed with mozzarella and cream cheese.  Green beans and potatoes (with onion and bacon) finished out with a cabbage salad.  

1 - Getting a flavor soak...

2 - The glaze/sauce

3 - Cabbage salad

4 -  The chops getting ready to hit the medium

5 - Yeah buddy

6 - Nom, Nom!

7 - Up close and personal 

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook