Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does your egg cry?

Options
I noticed my egg "weeping" today. Haven't noticed it before. Haven't fired up the egg in a while and it has been very wet here in denver. Just doing a turbo butt and temp is only around 375.  Anybody else ever see something like this?

Comments

• Supercilious_In_5280
    Options
    sorry, if i could figure out how to post the pic, i would...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Yup.  Occasionally happens.  I use simple green and a rag if it leaves residue.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @fishlessman has some neat pics.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Supercilious_In_5280
    Options
    well, i got it to work on the mac, couldn't on the pc or iPad.  anyway, looks pretty nasty.

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Yup, I've had it happen several times. Typically after sitting uncover in rainy weather, and then cooking at above 350F. The moisture seeps out, usually mixed w. grease and soot. Looks nasty, but washes right away w. soapy water.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    meh... =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I should put a watermark on that pic that says "Fish's Egg" ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    We should also call EPS (egg protection services).  
    Phoenix 
  • CTsmokin
    CTsmokin Posts: 7
    Options
    id throw it away and get a new one.  that looks horrifying.  
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    blasting said:
    Why? Because his egg did what they all do? My dome looked just like his a few weeks ago, then it rained and washed it all away. As I recall, he said his was washed off by rain too.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    My Egg cries when my neighbor boils his ribs. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    This is what it sounds like, when eggs cry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtbrgV2objw
  • Downr@nge
    Downr@nge Posts: 83
    Options
    Wow.  I put the green top on it when done.
    XL Big Green  Egg 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    blasting said:
    Why? Because his egg did what they all do? My dome looked just like his a few weeks ago, then it rained and washed it all away. As I recall, he said his was washed off by rain too.
    @Carolina Q   It just washes away?  That looked like it would take some serious scrubbing.  Regardless, I wasn't really going to call Egg Protection Services.  As wasteful as our gov't is, I don't think this is a real organization. ;)

Phoenix