Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 3 slabs on a LARGE

Options
swordsmn
swordsmn Posts: 683
edited May 2015 in EggHead Forum
Did 3 full racks on the LBGE today... On top of the extender was a d-grid but I put 2 racks on a 13x17 on top of that for ez removal... Midway in ar was the other rack on another 13x17 with a sliding rack ( for spritzing ).   Lowest level in AR held a 14" drip pan pushed  toward back of egg 

below AR was a Spyder with a 13" stone topped with 3. 1/4" tees supporting another 14" pan oriented toward Front of egg slightly. 

Lotta stuff involved but I wanted to sprite hourly and leave ribs flat and not use a v rack.  Rub was Dizzy Dust/ mustard
it was  therefore a 6 hr slightly modified car wash Mike method.   First several hrs were a rock solid 225 ( thx cyber q ) hourly spritz of apple juice/apple cider vinegar 
after 4 hrs I upped to 250 spritzed.. After 5 hrs I took it to 275... I topped 1 rack with a sweet chile sauce, 1 with sweet baby rays, 1 with Parkay and brown sugar.  45 mins later a had 180-190 and the ribs bent easily.  1 happy daughter pictured and 1 wife inside awaiting ribs :-)  thx again car wash Mike , ceramic grill store - toys for boys, and cyber q.  Pics were at approx hour 4
LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL

Comments