Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy Jalapeño Honey Mustard Wings (pic heavy)

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
These just happened.  Our mouths are still watering.   B)  

Spent the day cleaning the house and didn't wanna ruin it by smelling it up with fried stuff.  So I used a deep DO on the large and fried some wings.  Also, we saw a Man vs Food episode on Netflix earlier where a restaurant used only hot sauce and flour for the batter.  Tried that out and it worked fantastically. Will be a repeater.  

And before anyone anyone asks...  ;)  Didn't feel unsafe with the CI DO on the egg... Stayed with it the entire time and kept monitoring the temp with a thermapen.  Also, the DO is deep with a handle so I wasn't worried about spillage.  And heck... If it somehow did spark, I can just close the lid.  Plus I have a fire extinguisher nearby always.  ;)

For the sauce, I used an unmeasured combo of Kraft Honey Mustard, Pepper Works Jalapeño Mustard that @Hotch gave me, local wildflower honey, hot sauce and Shealy's mustard based bbq sauce.  

On with the pics...  Unsure about the order, so I apologize in advance.   ;)

Comments