Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Drink of the summer and beer?

Options

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Stoli and soda with lemon. As refreshing as it gets. 

For beer, I am partial to ales. And will drink any of them. Well any beer really. Belch...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    I've become a big fan of Raddlers for a nice patio drink. You can find a lot of recipes on the ol Google machine, but lots do brewers are making them now too. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First time trying this and it is a winner... that didn't work trying to post
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    GaBGE said:
    Yuengling Light is good.
    It is good, and pretty damn cheap too!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • XLBalco
    Options
    not sure why I cant post a pic.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I've become a big fan of Raddlers for a nice patio drink. You can find a lot of recipes on the ol Google machine, but lots do brewers are making them now too. 

@Greeno55

Wife and I recently came back from a vacation in Germany, Raddlers are very popular there and only come Lemonade flavour. The bartender looked at us and laughed when we asked if they come in any other flavours. Just an FYI.

Sudbury, Ontario
  • XLBalco
    Options
    anyway...a fin du monde. wish I would of found this earlier.
  • oldgeezeystax
    oldgeezeystax Posts: 313
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Beer:

I've been loving these.  It's like a craft Bud Light Lime.  Really any ice cold macro-domestic hits the spot in the heat.  We always have something like boh/yeungling/coors orig/high life in the fridge downstairs.

Booze:
    I'll add on to the Moscow Mule, absolutely delicious when the mercury rises.  Also tasty:
    - Hendricks Gin w/ tonic, lime, cucumber
    - Fresh greyhounds
    - Fresh crushes
    But my absolute favorite in the heat is a FRESH margarita, it gets no better.
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited May 2015
    Options

Favorite summer drink around the pool....we call it summer beer:

-Take a pitcher, add 4-5 beers, preferably Mexican.....Corona/Corona Light, XX, Modelo, whatever suits you, but anything will work. 

-Mix in a 12 oz. can of frozen limeade concentrate.  Lemonade will work too, but limeade is my favorite.

-Fill the empty limeade can with vodka (Tito's is my choice) and add and mix in.

-Keep chilled and serve over ice.

Add more vodka to strengthen or more beer to weaken, but I will tell you it will knock you on your ass if you're not careful, especially in the heat of summer.  Love to serve it when the wife's friends are over.  Makes for some interesting times.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    For nice session beers that are both around 4.5%, check out Firestone Walker Easy Jack (bottles or cans) or Evil Twin Citra Sunshine Slacker.

Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    On my KennyLee said:

Favorite summer drink around the pool....we call it summer beer:

-Take a pitcher, add 4-5 beers, preferably Mexican.....Corona/Corona Light, XX, Modelo, whatever suits you, but anything will work. 

-Mix in a 12 oz. can of frozen limeade concentrate.  Lemonade will work too, but limeade is my favorite.

-Fill the empty limeade can with vodka (Tito's is my choice) and add and mix in.

-Keep chilled and serve over ice.

Add more vodka to strengthen or more beer to weaken, but I will tell you it will knock you on your ass if you're not careful, especially in the heat of summer.  Love to serve it when the wife's friends are over.  Makes for some interesting times.

on my to do list... Sounds awesome 
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    For a fru fru drink a Malibu bay breeze is refreshing but sweet. For a real cocktail,  get a really nice tequila (not patron...I said nice) pour it over rocks w a twist of lime. As refreshing as it gets. If interested start with Heradura. Or El Jimador.  Or even Cabo Wabo is respectable. All of these have a good repasado and a decent blanco. Good tequila is not the tequila you shot in college. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Limeade, vodka and a splash of sprite is a great summer drink
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Around here summers are super hot. I've worked in the heat in for years and it still sucks. I love drinking beer and I'm good at it,but I slow down in the summer. Summer time is time for mixed drinks. Margaritas and such. I'm a pbr and bud light guy. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I just found these and like them.  I think they are best drank out of the cooler; meaning well chilled in ice, not just out of the fridge. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    for a cocktail we like Mint Gimlets; Gin (we like Citadelle), fresh lime juice, simple syrup, muddled mint.  Shaken in a chilled glass. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Seems like the hotter it gets, the more mojitos we consume. Really refreshing
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    i dont consider ipa too heavey in the summer but its loaded with hops and hops is a natural sedative and helps put you to sleep, makes an ipa a good choice before bedtime winter or summer
    Well that explains a few things.
    NOLA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    500 said:
    I just found these and like them. 
    Those Shiner prickly pears are nasty.
    NOLA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    500 said:
    I just found these and like them. 
    Those Shiner prickly pears are nasty.
    LOL.. =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Great when served very cold on a hot summer day:

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Went to a party this weekend and had some Pineapple mojitos - Game over.

Garnerville, NY
  • SmokeytheEGG
    SmokeytheEGG Posts: 149
    Options
    Zima with your favorite jolly rancher.......lol
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    BLT - bourbon, lemon and tonic on ice. Heavy on the bourbon, a small helping of tonic water and a splash of lemon juice. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• DenaSmoker
    DenaSmoker Posts: 44
    Options
    Titos Vodka & Diet Tonic and a wedge of lime. For me there is nothing more refreshing in the summer heat!  I drink these all day long.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    500 said:
    for a cocktail we like Mint Gimlets; Gin (we like Citadelle), fresh lime juice, simple syrup, muddled mint.  Shaken in a chilled glass. 
    That sounds like a gin mojito :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    buy one of these, dials in a bunch of summer drink recipes and comes in handy as a shaker. bed bat and beyond carries them
    http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-7007-Dial-A-Drink-Cocktail-Shaker/dp/B00004SZ8M

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Zima with your favorite jolly rancher.......lol
    Sure just add some Tequiza and we are all set.....

Garnerville, NY
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    This instantly became my favorite last year and will be again this summer:

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Parkersquared
    Options
    My summer beer is Sam Adams porch rocker.  There is a pineapple wheat by a local brewery that will probably be this summers beer for me. 
    Wiggins, MS