Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone use this stuff?

Just curious if anyone uses this charcoal and what they think of it. Free shipping on Amazon.ca made it worth giving a shot.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Never run across it.  Is that your bag??  Can't wait to hear your review.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • chupacabra
    chupacabra Posts: 77
    I liked the lump myself but there was a lot of crushed lump in the bag.  I'm not sure if that is a product of the flimsy bag or what?  I used about 3/4 of the bag and threw the rest out.
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    First bag I opened was excellent, one of the best I’ve ever seen. The second not so much. It had a lot of small pieces and a few really large chunks, bottom feels like it has a ton of dust. On the bright side, I found it fairly neutral, easy to light and the ash was about average. 
    It was a good buy. 
    How did the outer cardboard box look?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    First bag I opened was excellent, one of the best I’ve ever seen. The second not so much. It had a lot of small pieces and a few really large chunks, bottom feels like it has a ton of dust. On the bright side, I found it fairly neutral, easy to light and the ash was about average. 
    It was a good buy. 
    How did the outer cardboard box look?
    Lets just say I hope the outer box condition isn't a reflection of the lump;(
    Box was tore up pretty bad but just by feeling the bag it seems there are alot of larger pieces. Will find out the w/e.

• Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    i think it might be the swiss chalet type.

HFX NS
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I bought that and some Fogo last summer. I like the Fogo better because it burned forever. The Kebroak was almost as good. As said, it was quite neutral.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Ok so I just ordered Another bag! This stuff is great much better than RO and maybe even maple leaf. Very neutral taste and light on the ash. Burns forever I find and there are a lot of larger pieces in my bag. This stuff burns hot and long and I find I can get more cooks per bag than Ro. Good stuff I like it! Free shipping is also a real bonus!!

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Glad you like it. I used it once and wasn't compelled to go back to it. I just found there was too much variation in lump size. Lots of huge pieces and a lot of dust and chips. Burn quality wasn't bad though. Still haven't found anything that displaces Maple Leaf (for my taste).
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)