Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Beef jerky

jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
edited 2:00PM in EggHead Forum
How long will jerky last in the refrigerator?[p]Jerry

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    commercial jerky will go a year or more on the shelf...
    refrigerated? who knows.[p]the main reason people originally made jerky was to store it at room temp for looong periods of time, so don't worry too much unless you'd like to keep it til the second coming

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • egginatoregginator Posts: 568
    Jwirlwind,[p]No more than a couple of days in my fridge. Egg jerky disappears pretty fast. If you're talking about spoilage, chances are none of us will ever know.[p]Ed
  • Jwirlwind,
    I always wanna know that too and shelf life too... How did the Indians do that?

• BordersBorders Posts: 665
    Jwirlwind, The leaner, drier and saltier it is, the longer it will last outside of the fridge. The fridge increases even more. Airtight packaging like food savers increase even more. [p]I foodsaver mine into small packages and it keeps out of the fridge for 2 months, at least.[p]Scott