Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boring!!! 3 spatchcocked chickens and nowhere to go.

Options
HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK. I'm getting bored with spatchcocked, rubbed, chickens
on the indirect grill for about 1.5 / 2 hours at 350 to an
internal temp of not bloody. Don't get me wrong, they're
GREAT chicken... over and over and over and over, and over. [p]So, who has a way to kick it up a notch? And oh by the way,
and yes, sorry... BAM![p]I've got three more whole fryers in the fridge waiting for this
weekend, (i.e. tomorrow) but I really think I should do something
new. Otherwise it's just the same old wonderful spatchcocked and
Egged chicken.[p]???Help
HolySmokes[p]

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    have you tried the cornstarch chicken?

• irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    try beer can chicken, even easier than spatchcock, and I think tastier, & more moist,
    Roger

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]So forget about chicken this weekend and have something else! [p]But, since the discussion is spatchcock chicken, I do mine direct on a raised grid at 350° for about an hour, until the breast is 165° and the thigh is 185° . I've never done them indirect. I don't know if there's a difference, but if you want to experiment, why not try it. [p]Then, when they are done, let them cool, shred the meat, and make some chicken enchiladas or a grilled chicken salad, or chicken a la king. There are LOTS of ways to go with chicken, especially cooked chicken.[p]Have fun![p]Tonia
    :~)

• HML
    HML Posts: 13
    Options
    HolySmokes, Yesterday on the cooking show the chicken was coated with Dijon mustard, Oats & spices.

[ul][li]Oven Baked[/ul]
  • YankeeBBQ
    YankeeBBQ Posts: 97
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    How about a two step process. Sptachcock the birds and then make a nice smoked chicken stew or potpie. Shred the chicken and make some excellent burritos,chimichungas or tacos.

• Essex County
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    I've made something called Cornell chicken and noticed that there is a recipe for it under "Submitted Recipes". I have also wanted to make tandoori chicken. If you go with pieces rather than whole chicken, you can use a bunch of other options. Take a look at the DizzyPig website (www.dizzypigbbq.com). Chris has a few really nice ones there.
    Paul