Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

uh oh... too long in the marinade???

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a beef tenderloin marinading in o. oil, basalmic vinegar, shallots, garlic and rosemary. Been in for 24 hrs. Had to postpone our dinner with friends till tomorrow night. Now I'm not sure if I should take it out of the bag or let it soak. I'm worried that the vinegar may penetrate too much??? I dunno... it's why I always come here an ask yall.....

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Wardster,[p]I'd take it out...definately![p]I only say this...because I'm your friend...LOL!!![p]
    Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Wardster,
    well, i'm sure it wasn't a cup of balsamic vinegar or anything like that.[p]but sure, take it out if you are nervous.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Wardster,
    Explain to your friends that timing is everything. Tonight was the tenderloin's night. Sorry, but it had to be cooked and enjoyed. They'll still appreciate tomorrow night's wings.[p]Or maybe you should listen to stike and Chubby!
    Scott

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Wardster,
    That might be a little long for a tenderloin,
    but one of my favourite tricks with flank steak
    is to combine it with the marinade, vacuum the
    combination in a foodsaver bag, and throw it in
    the freezer for a month. Best flank steak ever.
    I think all is not lost. And add ginger, more
    garlic, and pepper! Lots of pepper!
    HS

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Chubby,
    HA! Yes, I have you filed in the "Will Not Embarrass Me" folder... it's a small folder...

Apollo Beach, FL