Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long Weekend!! What's on the menu?

Options
2»

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Paging @hapster . Curious minds want to know what we'll be seeing pics of this upcoming weekend! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I picked one of these up at Walmart last year, and my Eggs reside underneath. Nice that it's vented at the top to let smoke/heat escape. Comes with LED lights that I've never used. The two side shelves and utensil hooks come in handy:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Grill-Shelter/19407321

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Tonight:  meatloaf
    Thurs:  baseball practice no voiking
    Fri:  a bunch of extra kids around, maybe burgers and dogs, maybe pizza. They can decide
    Sat: tourney no cook during the day, but two butts and a brisket for a team swim party on Sun. This will be the first time I've cooked for a group, so it's a bit of a test. 
    Monday: time will tell, but maybe those red chili ribs someone posted this week
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Chicken with alabama style white barbeque sauce. Burgers, abts, maybe shrimp. Not sure on the order. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Thursday - whole pork loin
    Friday - chicken wings
    Saturday - whole beef tenderloin
    Sunday - Pig roast and Fresh Picnic Hams
    Monday - whatever is left goes in breakfast burritos, and anything after that goes on pizza.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Foghorn said:

And if the weather permits we will spend the afternoons sitting in the river eating ice cold watermelon, not caring if it drips on us because when we are done we will just dip in the water.  My wife doesn't get how much pleasure my son and I get out of something this simple.
    How women do not get certain, so obvious things, I will never understand....

@Sea2Ski, touche.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Okay just got back from shopping.

Tonight - Rib eyes, Mushrooms and grilled asparagus.
    Thursday - North Carolina Shrimp marinated in a Jamaican style Jerk marinate.
    Friday - Wings and fries
    Saturday - Eat out
    Sunday - Ribs done 3-1-1 and sauced with a Southern Kitchen Voodoo sauce.
    Monday - Jalapeno Monterey jack burgers, Dogs and fries...

Also a fridge full of Beers....

Bring it on.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YEMTrey
    Options

Bring it on.
    I forgot to add this part to my post.  Figured it's just a given and is understood around these parts.
    Great lineup of eats you got going on there.  Care to share some more deets on the Thursday cook?
    Steve 

• chupacabra
    chupacabra Posts: 77
    Options
    I picked up some boudin today that I plan to cook.  Not sure what else I will have this weekend yet.
    b.jpg 146.1K
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Bring it on.
    I forgot to add this part to my post.  Figured it's just a given and is understood around these parts.
    Great lineup of eats you got going on there.  Care to share some more deets on the Thursday cook?
    I saw this while shopping today and am going to give it a whirl with some of our local fresh shrimp, possibly done in my CI pan..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @johnmitchell , thanks for the info and pic.  I'd like to cook more shrimp, but I prefer a jerk/spicy flavor to them when I add them to pasta or salad.
    Steve 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is it just me, or does @chupacabra 's photo of the boudin look a lot like something I cleaned out of my granddaughter's diaper? Never had it, would certainly like to give it a try - the boudin that is. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I was waiting to see what was happening with the Throwdown. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Want to do rib Mac n cheese. Probably some baked beans. Meatloaf sounds good. Keeping it simple would like to do the pool Sunday and Monday.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2015
    Options
    As my buddy says, "glamping" menu so far is Babybacks Sat afternoon on the WSM.  Sunday breakfast is avocado eggs with house jowl bacon bits, supper is a whole beef tenderloin sous vided with the Anova, seared on the small with veggies.  Sunday night two butts on the WSM for lunch Monday.  Grabbed some grass fed beef for burgers and a chuck for Pepper Newcastle Beef on the small per request at some point, probably Friday afternoon and night.  For some reason, I need a good burger on Memorial Day and the 4th.   
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• s_claus
    s_claus Posts: 74
    Options
    Right now, the only thing for sure is Sunday dinner. My daughter and her family are coming over for my youngest grandson's birthday and he wants to go swimming in our neighborhood pool. Looks like some chicken and some beans on the egg. Maybe some ABT's or pig shots just for fun. I may try to get brisket for Monday.
    HO HO HO
    LBGE in Lawrenceville, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    went to the butchers today and change of plans, nice big meaty rack of spares for 20 plus dollars and a 25 dollar choice tritip.....looks like potatoes for the rest of the week =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I just unearthed a 3 lb eye round roast in the back of my freezer. I do believe it's time for some scratch Cindy Reed Texas chili this weekend! With beans? Hmmm. Maybe. =) It's great ether way. Really, it is!

Mickey, you really should go to the trouble of making it from scratch. Try it at least once. No way her seasoning packet is the same!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut