Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Landscaping almost there

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
edited May 2015 in EggHead Forum
When SWMBO and I bought this house 12 years ago we said the backyard was perfect for a screened porch and an outdoor kitchen. That was at the top of our list. Then life happened. So after 12 years, 4 job changes between us, 2 kids, multiple deaths in the extended family, illness, operations, one major car accident, one complete septic system replacement, one eggfest, 2 eggs, and years of design and re design, we finally got most of the plants in and the straw down. The deck and porch were completed in July of 2014 when it is to hot to plant anything. This week we put in many native, sun loving, drought tolerant, low maintenance, fragrant plants and one specimen tree.  Tonight was the pine straw. Tomorrow I install the herb planters I built, relax and enjoy the fruits of our labor for a while. 

Sorry for gushing. Just glad to still be around to finally see it happen. 

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments