Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Outdoor TV

Options
2»

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    KennyLee said:

I got U-Verse .... wireless boxes .....and I just move the box back and forth as need be. 

Same here....great flexibility as some times I use on the patio....sometimes on the front porch. There is unbelievable range on these wireless boxes. Normally sits in my home office for those days with there is big news breaking.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    I have to wait for dark to watch outside.  5ftx9ft

I do not do a lot of Live TV with this setup.  I normally run the projector with local or streaming content (plex, netflix, epsn3, etc) via a chromecast, roku, or fireTV to keep the source content over WiFi.

Where the small egg is on the right side of the photo now has a cabinet to house the large and small egg.

smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I wish our Cable tv provider would get up with the times and have wireless boxes.   I used to end up dragging a cable out the Window to watch TV outside.  I cant get to that Window anymore since getting a new washer/dryer (long story).

A wireless receiver would be sweet.

Garnerville, NY
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

This is a cheap Samsung. I store it in the cabinet it is sitting on when not in use. That protects it from dust, pollen, etc. I am currently using it with Amazon Fire for Netflix, HBO, etc. I am thinking of adding another DirectTV receiver out there.
    John, your set up just keeps getting better and better.  One of my fav's.
    Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    I agree @blasting, but if I had that setup, I would grease up those bricks so fast.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Thanks @blasting and @Legume. I am really enjoying it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I love having a TV outside. If its nice out we would rather be out in the garage watching tv than sitting inside on the couch. Plus my garage is my man cave until I get everything done inside and start working out there. We also have a projector out front for night time. I made the screen not sure how big it is but am guessing 12' or so. Mario Kart on the Wii U is great.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

smak said:
    I have to wait for dark to watch outside.  5ftx9ft

I do not do a lot of Live TV with this setup.  I normally run the projector with local or streaming content (plex, netflix, epsn3, etc) via a chromecast, roku, or fireTV to keep the source content over WiFi.

Where the small egg is on the right side of the photo now has a cabinet to house the large and small egg.

I like this set up and have been wanting to do it.  I just need a projector.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options

blasting said:

This is a cheap Samsung. I store it in the cabinet it is sitting on when not in use. That protects it from dust, pollen, etc. I am currently using it with Amazon Fire for Netflix, HBO, etc. I am thinking of adding another DirectTV receiver out there.
    John, your set up just keeps getting better and better.  One of my fav's.
    @johnkitchens, I like this set up sir.  I was thinking outdoor kitchen, but this would be nice and mobile.  Did you build it or have it built?  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Hard to tell the screen size but that's 2 single garage door behind it.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Ladeback69 Thank you! I had it built. I am not handy at all. Just ask my wife if you don't believe me.  : ( 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    To each his own, but if I want to watch TV, I want to do it in the comfort of my home.  When I'm outside, I'm either enjoying the outdoors, or I'm doing yard work, automotive work, home repair/maintenance work, etc.
    I can watch a game while I change the oil. I don't watch a lot of tv, but I'd rather sit out by the fire, or in the drive than in the house if the weather is nice. Just because I'm outside doesn't mean I'm working. 
    I can't do that, if I'm watching TV, I'm WATCHING tv.  somethings I don't multi-task.  Watching TV is one, working on the car is another, OK, I listen to music while I work on the car, but I won't listen to TV.  TV is for watching, radio is for listening.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    so this is what I came up with. Ran component out from the living room tv so right now it just mirrors that box. Used an outdoor plate cover to store the wire. 

I I really want to mount a TV, not this one, a little bigger but this dead gum fireplace exhaust is in the way. I want to mount above it but the TV will get too hot when the fireplace is running. 

XLBGE