Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain EggFest 2015

Options
HERE are my photos and write-up from the 2015 Georgia Mountain EggFest.  I loved every second & I'll definitely be there next year! 
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great pictures and looks like a heck of a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it but got called offshore.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Great photos Kristi! Really wish we'd have run into each other so I could thank you for all the recipes I've stolen off your blog in the past couple years! Again, great photos, I feel like I'm there again!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kristi, it was great to meet you and John!  Greta pics, except the Cuban sandwich one with half my ugly mug in it!

my favorite is the one where @piney is working hard on holding a camera on the Carolina pork while @kdp slaves over the egg. 

It it was our first fest, definitely not the last. You are correct, the eggheads are the best part. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nice write up.  Beautiful pics and good grub, loved the one of Joan double fisting.

John is a true southern gentleman.  GA MTN is the best.     

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Thanks for posting, great pics!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Awesome pics and write up!!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning Kristi:

Great write up and pics...as always John puts on a FANTASTIC party...sorry we missed it this year...hope to make it back next year.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I wish I was there.  Nice looking event.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Great write up Kristi, photos are fantastic. It was nice seeing you again.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    Kristi, great write up and fantastic photos as usual. And great to finally meet you and John and to get to chat after all these years of using your recipes.   And thanks for jumping in and helping me serve when my crew wandered off on another food quest!   

@yolks--wish I had known that was you eating my Cubans, we gotta address the nametag for board members issue next year somehow.

Greg

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Great write up! Can't wait for next year. I've got some buddies excited to go now after telling them about it. It was our first fest. 

My my wife and I are in some of your pics lol

XLBGE 
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Kristi, great write up and fantastic photos as usual. And great to finally meet you and John and to get to chat after all these years of using your recipes.   And thanks for jumping in and helping me serve when my crew wandered off on another food quest!   

@yolks--wish I had known that was you eating my Cubans, we gotta address the nametag for board members issue next year somehow.

Greg

It was my pleasure to help! Of course, I didn't help until after I got a few good shots. :)  Great getting to know you!
    @theyolksonyou: I had to go back and look! Glad I got half of you in there! 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    So jealous the weather was finally nice again and we couldn't make it. Hopefully next year. Great pics as always.
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Great pictorial.  Gotta get to an EggFest...
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Nice Job Kristi. It was great to finally meet you. I too am one who uses a lot of your recipes. See you next year.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Hey @piney: Here is another pic of us! I didn't want to post them all, people get jealous. ;)  It was great meeting y'all! See you next year! 

Georgia Mountain Big Green Eggfest 2015

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kristi thanks so much. That is one I have wanted to make. Enjoy your posting girl. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Kristi. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Hey @piney: Here is another pic of us! I didn't want to post them all, people get jealous. ;)  It was great meeting y'all! See you next year! 

Georgia Mountain Big Green Eggfest 2015

Thanks Kristi had a blast! Great meeting you and John! 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Kristi, so great to see you and John again.  I wish we'd had time to visit.  Thanks so much for posting yet another great post which truly captures what this Eggfest is all about, through your pictures and your comments.  I shared this post on Facebook, so our friends who wonder what we do, and why we do it, can finally understand.  We hope to see you at Porkopolis!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Great pics.......so wish I could have made this one to meet everyone and eat.  Especially the eating part!!  I need thank you face to face for all the recipes I've enjoyed from your blog.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Thanks for posting.  Your photos may get to me to this eggfest next year if they do another one!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Earshots
    Earshots Posts: 110
    Options
    Thanks for the eye candy your pics aren't bad either
    Tallmadge Ohio, XL and S eggs 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Did I see grilled pierogies???
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Like I said earlier, I look forward to your pictorials on eggfests and this one looks amazing!!!

Excellent job!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!