Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Yeti Tumblers - 20oz or 30oz?

Options
My new son-in-law gave me and his groomsmen a 30oz Tumbler.  I'm thinking I might use the 20oz more. 

What do you have and how do you use it?
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I have the 20 and love it.  But I think I would prefer the 30. Holds more adult beverage....
    GWN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have neither. But if I were to get get one it would definitely be the larger one. When it comes to cooking, eating and drinking, I truly believe bigger is better. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I have both. I use the larger one more. Since it keeps it cold, I just want more beer in the cup!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • chick533
    chick533 Posts: 50
    Options
    I have the large. Holds more, last longer. Have an occasional issue with fitting in some cup holders. Would definitely recommend the large.
    2XLBGE, Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini, 36" Blackstone
    Raymore, MO
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I have the 20oz and am a big fan.

I do find myself refilling more often than I'd like though
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Bought the wife the 30.  By the time you load it up with ice, you need the room for the liquid.  It's not like the ice melts very fast, so with the smaller ones you could end up with a big chunk of ice pretty quick.  Of course I guess you could just put less ice in it.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Damn nice gift either way. I have both, use both about the same, 30 oz is more convenient when in the vicinity of an unmanned tapped Keg!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • hoffmand
    hoffmand Posts: 105
    Options
    I have two 30's and love them. 
    Cedar Park, TX
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I keep my Yeti 30 in the freezer overnite .. come morning I add ice and whatever liquid (water for me) ... come late evening, I still got damn near 60% ice left.

I love my Yeti and my Yeti loves me!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Kyle919
    Kyle919 Posts: 28
    Options
    30 all the way!  I can't believe I went so long before getting mine.  Keeps ice all day in the car.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Small for coffee
    Large for alcohol 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I use both, actually someone stole my 20 oz at work so I need to replace it. But I love both small for hot and large for cold usually

XLBGE 
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Get both. Over and out.
    LBGE and Mini
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    Both. I use the 20 oz. for coffee and the 30 oz. for stronger, chilled drinks. I really like them both.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    I would be dead with any Yeti tumbler and bourbon.  Double figures can really do you in :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    I always grab my 30oz when I say I'm only having one drink tonight. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Love my 30 and wouldn't want anything smaller. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I have both and love them. The big one is dangerous for vodkas and tonics. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I got the 30 for Christmas. Used it a few times, but it was just too big and heavy. I have several 20 oz tervis' that are more than adequate. My wife now uses it daily and loves it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My beers never get warm, y'all drink too slow. 
  • TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Options
    30 oz is perfect. I really like @SGH philosophy on this matter. 
    Dallas, TX
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I have the 30. Took it to work the other day and drank all liquid on the way to work. Left it in the car for 12 hours in 85F outside temp. When I got back in the car I still had slot of ice left in the cup. I couldn't believe it.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    I keep my Yeti 30 in the freezer overnite .. come morning I add ice and whatever liquid (water for me) ... come late evening, I still got damn near 60% ice left.
    I have about a half-glass of ice in my 20-oz at the end of the work day, and there's still ice the next morning, no freezer necessary (and that's without the lid).  

I have the 20-oz because, like me, it's sleek and sexay.   B)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I always have water with me so when we are out for hours running errands the 30 will usually last. I bring both with me to work everyday the 20 for coffee and the 30 for water. If I had to choose one its be the 30.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    30 for water and 20 for vodka/tonic.  I also use a 20 for coffee at work..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Used to use a 20 Tervis but picked up that 30 and it stays all day and night. On a 6k trip now and each morning I toss out yesterday's ice and fill fresh. Get the 30. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BigGreenGiant
    Options
    Love my 30
    even had my initials engraved on mine by a local shop
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I have one of each. I usually use the 30 at home, and take the 20 to and from work. In the car, the 20 also seems to not get in the way as much as the 30 because its shorter, may not be an issue depending on your car.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA