Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love ribs...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
20000926171202.jpg
<p />Removed from the foil about 1/2 hour ago and these ribs are prepared for the last part of the cook - still on a raised grid, the drip pan has been removed and the firebricks placed on end - a little direct heat for the last while - we'll let the temp climb to about 300-325 during this last phase.[p]Who is making ribs at Eggtoberfest?[p]
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Having attended the first 2 Atlanta EggFests, I've had the opportunity to sample some truly incredible ribs off the Eggs of Cat, OCT, Big Jim Slot, Barry Dodson, SloppyPig and many others. They'll be back and I know for a fact that last year's rookie of the year, Grillin' Bill, is going to show and plans on taking no prisoners.[p]Why not come on down to EggFest and craft us a batch of your specialty which you keep showing and telling us about? I for one would love to compare them to the fare of the master ceramic ribbers mentioned above. Be prepared however, you might get your feelings hurt.[p]K~G
  • CaptainBBQ
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Had some of these this weekend. First time I tried the 3:1.5:1 method and it was devine! Slopped on some sauce from Rudy's in Texas during the last 45 minutes. It was to die for..... The 1.5 hours in the foil made the difference. Towards the end of the cook the meat was so tender one of the bones dropped out when I turned 'em.[p]Need to stop talking about it....just drooled on myself![p]CaptainBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    KennyG, unfortunately I'll be getting ready to go to San Francisco so I won't be getting the the eggfest.[p]I never worry about getting my feelings hurt - I only get concerned about cooking what I like - if someone else enjoys, great - if they don't, it doesn't make much of a difference. [p]I will say that, like the comment immediately above, several have tried a similiar method and had good results.[p]Have a great day!

• BBQ DON
    Options
    CaptainBBQ,
    could someone plaese tell me what the 3:1.5:1 method is?
    thanks