Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hamburger meat mixture

flajokerflajoker Posts: 52
edited 2:49PM in EggHead Forum
What is your best hamburger receipe? Type of hamburger, ground round, sirlon, etc.

• flajoker,
    ground chuck with onion soup mix. mmmm mmm...good stuff. have you tried it?

• flajoker,
    80/20 stuff from the grocer. ..don't go with the 93/7 stuff. ..way too lean ....[p]i add worcshteshire sauce or bbq sauce to meat, make patties (at least 1/2 pound) then spinkle with either salt/pepper, dizzy cowlick, or ken stones witchy red. ...grill direct, but at low temps 300 degrees for about 10 minutes per side ....yum!!

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    flajoker,[p]Half ground chuck and half ground sirloin. We grind ours ourselves and prefer a larger grind than you get at the store as this creats a better texture.[p]Spin
  • flajoker,
    I take 2lbs 80/20 and mix in onion soup, some Worchestershistersheeshtershire, one egg, some italian bread crumbs, and some finely diced onion and green pepper.[p]Now I'm hungry.

• bigarmsbigarms Posts: 136
    flajoker,[p]Here is the only way that I cook hamburgers...........CAT'S Meatloaf.
    [ul][li]Eggfest Meatloaf[/ul]
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I like to try different cuts of meat for burgers. The other night I ground up a tri-tip and mixed in an italian sausage for some extra fat. That was a tasty burger. -RP

• mad max beyond eggdome, why 300 degrees?
    Seems awful low

• papa shaBBQ,
    No sir I haven't..may try it for daddio's 82nd birthday

• J. Wilson,
    thats what i used to think. ...but enough folks here touted this method, and once i tried it i was sold. ..but give it a try. ...make sure you only flip it once and don't press on them. ...they will have great flavor and they will be really juicy even if you cook them to medium well ...and it may take as long as 15 per side depending on the size of your burgers .. . some folks even go to the extreme of smoking their burgers indirect at 250....

• bigarmsbigarms Posts: 136
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I stopped flipping my burgers. I go 300 - 350 until they are firm.....about 30 mins. Use a little pecan for a quick smoke.
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    <p />flajoker,
    Butter and raging river on top of the onion.[p]Mike

• bigarms,
    You use 17+ ingredients to make a hamburger? I won't ask for your recipe for bouillabaisse.