Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Wellington

Options
Ironbaugh
Ironbaugh Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is going out of town for a week w/ some friends so I thought while she is gone I'd try some different recipes. One recipe for Beef Wellington excluded pate in the mixture. It did include chopped mushrooms, garlic,salt,pepper,ground sirloin, parsley, and blue cheese. I figure I'd T-rex w/ 20 min. rest, stick filet on the fillo, add filling to top of the steak and fold pastry over the meat and mixture then back in the egg at 400. Anyone tried this or variation? Thx

Comments

• Q-Scoop
    Q-Scoop Posts: 59
    Options
    Ironbaugh,[p]I think you mean puff pastry, not phyllo. I have made individual Beef Wellingtons with the minced mushrooms and they're delicious. Two tips: Make sure you cool the steaks to room temp before you put them on the puff pastry and after mincing the mushrooms but before cooking, wring them out in a couple sheets of paper towel to get the moisture out. Otherwise, your Wellingtons will be soggy. Good luck! Catherine
  • Ironbaugh,
    here is a recipe I have used as a guide, simmilar to how you are describing.

[ul][li]Mini Beef Wellingtons[/ul]