Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo Combo for Mini Max?

Just picked up my Mini Max and the dealer was back ordered on platesetters. maybe a good thing? Shortly after getting my LBGE a couple of years back I bought the AR and haven't used the ps since. I see that Tom at CGS has a woo combo for mini max.  Has anyone gone this route for their MM? Anything else I should be considering? Thanks.  Chris

Comments

• Mine is sitting in the post office and since it is a long weekend I can't pick it up until Tuesday. I was out of town last week and didn't make it back in time Friday to pick it up. Not being able to try it out this weekend is driving me crazy! I bought the plate setter when I bought my Mini Max. Time will tell if that was a mistake.
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • That's frustrating. I hope you have another egg that you can cook on this weekend. Who's MM is that in the pic? What kind of table is that?
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    I ordered mine shortly after getting my MM. Went with the Woo with the 10" ceramic stone.  It hardly ever leaves my Egg. So worth every penny.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    SaskNortherner said:
    I bought the plate setter when I bought my Mini Max. Time will tell if that was a mistake.
    My MM came with a free plate setter, and I bought the woo with the ceramic stone. Because I had the PS, I wasn't going to get the stone as well.  I'm glad I have both now because it gives me a lot of flexibility, including making pizzas with the PS, and stone.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • I have a large as well, no idea why that pic went sideways on me. The cart is a three shelf tool cart that I modified. My dealer would not even throw in a bag of lump.
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I just brought my MM home today. The woo combo was waiting for me to get here. I have the PS for the large, but had I been more educated would have gone with stone. When the MM finally shipped one of the biggest complaints was the short fire ring. Woo solves that. 
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    I use platesetter and woo. Works fine but sometimes trying to get the platesetter out or in the woo is a pain.  
  • Thanks to all that replied. Looks like its time to call CGS. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I bought a minimax and went with the woo and stone, works great. I had already had the AR and oval stone for the large and love that as well. Gave away the plate setter.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Get it. With the stone. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.