Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I "sell" my wife on buying a BGE???...........

Options
2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    2005151717.jpg
    <p />Haggis,
    you can get a few crayfish out of the lake, been thinking of getting a permit to dive for lobsters in mass. they will shoot you in maine for doing that. boat is stricty a work platform for fishing and sometimes diving.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • rex clingan
    Options
    Every time you dine out tell her you could have cooked that much better for a third of the cost if you had a BGE. $60 @ 2/3 @ 1/week x 1 year = $2000 per year.

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    gene,[p]Just tell her it's actually a weight-loss machine [not that she needs such a thing, of course]. When you slow cook, the fat drips off the meat slowly. When you grill with a raised grill, the fat drips off fast without causing flare-ups [unlike a gas grill]. The Egg enables you to cook tougher [lower fat] cuts of meat because it tenderizes them. It makes excellent fish, which is great for dieting.[p]And in case she does not need to lose weight, you could always say that it helps her keep her weight at its current wonderful level.[p]I have lost thirty pounds in four years of Egging, and my wife has lost twenty. [No kidding.] We Egg three or four times a week.[p]Welcome to the Club![p]Dan

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    I guess I got lucky (in more ways than one). I stopped by the BGE Super Store in Atlanta, got a video, showed it my lovely wife Karen.....and a couple months later one showed up underneath my Christmas tree.[p]Different people have different levels of spending on different levels of toys and the BGE is the most awesome toy I've every owned. But if you really want the BGE and you can afford the BGE....make the call and fight later.[p]Worth the fight.......[p]Eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    gene,
    Don’t do it! Oh sure it starts out innocent enough, like when I just showed up at home with a new egg. Then you start reading the forum and seeing all the nifty stuff these guys have and before you know it you have got to have…[p]All the eggcessories (plate setter, ect)
    A Mapp torch
    Top of the line welding gloves
    Custom made handle and tools from LawnRanger
    All the Rubs from Dizzy Pig
    A BBQ Guru
    A thermapen
    A raises grid
    A cast iron grid
    Another Egg (a small to go with the large so you can cook more at once)
    GrateMates from Chubby (to make the small as versatile as the large
    A rearranged deck and backyard to better situate the eggs and their belongings
    Tables built to hold the egg
    A special place for all the Lump[p]No wonder my wife doesn’t like me reading this forum…you guys are terrible!

• BurntRaw,[p]
    Just tell her it will keep you out of the house!

[ul][li]Big Green Egg Central[/ul]
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    gene,
    well first off, buy the Egg, than let it sit in the garage for 2 weeks, if she has not seen it, then take it outside and start cooking, Now when she asked where that came from say the garage, its been there for 2 weeks didnt you see it? Well your cooking will be lonely for the night ,but one she eats, she wished you didnt hold off those two weeks.

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    BurntRaw[p]I like the way you think!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!