Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

L&S Virgin

Options
Starting a brisket tomorrow morning at 0400 if the beer doesn't get the best of me.  It's my first attempt at a low and slow so we'll see what happens.  Wish me luck!
LBGE '15    
UA Local 100

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Good luck. Just cook to feel and you'll be fine 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I bet it turns out great. Low and slow leaves more room for error, in
    my opinion. Cant wait to see the finish. Good luck!!!

Little Rock, AR

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am excited for you. You will do great! Please be sure to post finish pics! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    I haven't popped mine yet on a brisket cause good ones are hard to find here in CA.  Pork butts are great way to practice on the L&S.  Keep them pics coming and I'm sure it'll be irresistible.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Good luck on your brisket, I'm sure it will be fine.  I will start one tomorrow also, but I probably won't be up at 4 AM. 
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Just curious, is that for lunch, or is it gigantic?
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    logchief said:
    I haven't.... cause good ones are hard to find here in CA.
    Au contraire mon ami.  I have found very decent brisket at Restaurant Depot. But if you want to pay for the best (and get great customer service in the bargain) I suggest you check out a San Francisco area company named Flannery Beef http://www.flannerybeef.com/

Great selection of meats, fast delivery and prices aren't out of line with other online purveyors.

As a matter of fact we're having a variety of their "specialty" burgers (you can specify just about any blend of their meats in any proportion you choose) and a few growlers of Russian River craft brews on Sunday....

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • DMshow
    DMshow Posts: 18
    Options
    Just curious, is that for lunch, or is it gigantic?
    It's definitely not gigantic.  I think it was only about 12lbs before I trimmed it.  Since I have no feel for a low and slow I figured I would start it extra early just in case.  I am open for suggestions though, as long as its done by 4 PM or so I will be happy.
    LBGE '15    
    UA Local 100

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Good luck. If you haven't started, put some more lump in your egg. Fill to the top of the fire ring. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • icunrse
    icunrse Posts: 87
    Options
     I can't wait to see if you make the 0400 wake up, AND the finished brisket. I will not be making my 0600 trip to the coast after last night's beer fest.
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC
    LBGE, and the only one on the block. My neighbor just got a new gas grill...let the games begin!!

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Good luck!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Best of luck, keep us posted.
  • DMshow
    Options
    My 4 AM goal may have been slightly overly ambitious.  8:30 will have to do.

LBGE '15    
    UA Local 100

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Good luck ... looks good. 

You pic shows the lump up to the top of the fire bowl.  For a long low-n-slow that might not be enough, so do keep an eye on the available lump later on in the cook.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• DMshow
    Options
    5 hours in.  Time for the Texas crutch.
    LBGE '15    
    UA Local 100