Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. OT. OT. OT. FACEBOOK

13»

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I blew up my FB page about a yr ago and never looked back. Besides this forum I'm am not very active online. You guys take up all my damn time!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Spacebook hahaha 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    See, this is why I need to stop posting so much online. You went and found a picture of me...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @dmw I hardly recognized you with the bow tie!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I don't do facebook because being on it lets the public invade your privacy, but I don't understand why anyone would dislike it because they pay their employees including subcontractors a living wage.  That's just plain senseless.  Sorry Mickey.
    They don't pay their subs $15/hr...fb is in a way forcing them to. Living wage? You get by on $15 per hr and send the rest to obama...right?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    They're a private company.  Can't argue with stupid.   I'm outta here.
    They're a private company.  Can't argue with stupid.   I'm outta here.
    Actually a publicly traded company. Stockholders can sell off stock if they disapprove.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Here we go, pop some corn ya'll.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    edited May 2015
    Holy cow, someone is bent out of shape over what a private, non-government, publicly traded, company wants to pay its employees and contractors.  Ever occur to you that the reason why they may be increasing wages is they aren't getting enough applicants for those jobs? Its one of the most expensive areas in the country to live. Do you really expect people to commute two hours for $7 an hour? 
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    henapple said:
    Fb has hooked me up with some old friends. 

I heard a good line about this:

If I haven't spoken to you in 20 years, there's probably a good reason for that.

Flint, Michigan
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    henapple said:
    Fb has hooked me up with some old friends. 

I heard a good line about this:

If I haven't spoken to you in 20 years, there's probably a good reason for that.

Yes, some good reasons like I've moved several times, switched jobs, or they moved, switched jobs...I don't go crazy on FB. I don't post much. But it is nice re-uniting with old friends. Life happens, you can lose touch with people. But some do overpost their lives on that thing.  
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

What scares me is the million different ways that the info you're sharing can be used for malice.

The most simple example is the people that post pictures of themselves on vacation......then they get burglarized.

But how about creeps from you past that can use it to stalk.  Employers (potential) that can troll to see you're political, religious, and family status and then discriminate based off that info.  Too many examples to count.

What gets me is the people that put their birthdate and family our there.  What's the first thing they ask when you call into your credit card company or do anything financially......birthdate and mother's maiden name (which can easily be found on Facebook a lot of time).  Then the security questions ask your high school's mascot or your hometown......yep, a lot of time also able to be found Facebook.

One other thing, ANY photo posted on Facebook gives them a license to use it.  Many people have posted pictures of an accident scene or something that has gone "viral"--they then want money, but are SOL.  There have been some recent stories about people with cute baby pics that have wound up in advertisements and such without their permission and knowledge--too bad, Facebook had a license.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    henapple said:
    They don't pay their subs $15/hr...fb is in a way forcing them to. Living wage? You get by on $15 per hr and send the rest to obama...right?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    I will say that if you're going to use FB with your real name, turn the privacy settings up to 11.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Hey, feel free to friend me on FB,  Mike Hauch...oh, nevermind.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    FB hater here. My biggest pet peeve is that businesses are using FB instead of a personal website. I can't stand it when a business says just look us up on FB or like us on FB. 

Not to stray away from the FB hate, but I really hate business that don't make their sites mobile friendly either. That's just stupid. The days of driving around with a laptop in your lap are over. Also, It's too damn dangerous driving around looking at a full site. Much easier to navigate the roads using mobile sites
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    "Also, It's too damn dangerous driving around looking at a full site. Much easier to navigate the roads using mobile sites"

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that you shouldn't be looking at your phone while driving. Even in Wyoming. 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    "Also, It's too damn dangerous driving around looking at a full site. Much easier to navigate the roads using mobile sites"

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that you shouldn't be looking at your phone while driving. Even in Wyoming. 
    Whaaaat
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming