Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. OT. OT. OT. FACEBOOK

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Facebook is also dangerous to  your health.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20811288,00.html
    Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    blasting said:
    Facebook is also dangerous to  your health.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20811288,00.html
    Nah, it's stupid that's bad for your health.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    How is this any different than the Federal Govt. and the Davis-Bacon Wage Act? 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Wait, bacon can't be bad?!

People do not have to do business with FB.  Not a FB fan, but I don't get how is this bad.  If they were trying to demand this while paying their own employees below this line, then I think there's an argument we could have.  Besides, doesn't this eventually make the cost of services to FB increase?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    It they are contract workers for FB, then FB is picking up the tab for it. Last time I checked, there was no maximum wage law. 
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    FWIW I've never had a FB page either.  I don't think I'm paranoid about too many things, generally speaking, but I am a little with these social media websites.  I don't trust their privacy settings and so forth.  Also, I laughed when I saw the mention above about not caring how fast you ran a marathon.  So true.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @cazzy. ...do I troll facebook.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    FWIW I've never had a FB page either.  I don't think I'm paranoid about too many things, generally speaking, but I am a little with these social media websites.  I don't trust their privacy settings and so forth.  Also, I laughed when I saw the mention above about not caring how fast you ran a marathon.  So true.
    But, you trust and post on a forum that can be accessed without membership?  Many trolls have multiple accounts, no real privacy settings and all the members are handy with knives and....forks :tongue: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mahenryak
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    But, you trust and post on a forum that can be accessed without membership?  Many trolls have multiple accounts, no real privacy settings and all the members are handy with knives and....forks :tongue: 

@NPHuskerFL but I am not posting pics of the family with all their activities and I am not using my full name, telling folks where I am at on vacation, etc.  See the difference?  News flash, my real name is not mahenryak.  Got it?

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    henapple said:
    @cazzy. ...do I troll facebook.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I like Facebook, because I have discovered that I didn't really know some people as good as I thought I did. I have a few FB friends that I have found out through there posts are actually crazy. 

It is entertaining to see some of the stuff that people put on there. Some of them have rants (about our private school, and people in our town, and not getting invited to a party) and an hour later they take it down. 

It is like they use it to vent. Some really good crazy stuff! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    mahenryak said:

@NPHuskerFL but I am not posting pics of the family with all their activities and I am not using my full name, telling folks where I am at on vacation, etc.  See the difference?  News flash, my real name is not mahenryak.  Got it?
    I guess I can stop trying to pronounce it correctly. Whew!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'm sure glad no one here knows my real name, what I look like, nor has seen pictures of my family...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mahenryak
    Options
    @DMW not really the point.  I guess I'm the low hanging fruit this afternoon.  Fire away all.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @mahenryak I know exactly what you're saying. I have an account with FB & Twitter and mostly share the same as I do here. Also share other events etc and I'm able to communicate with many high school, college, military etc friends that I would otherwise not be able to.  You only share what you want...just like here. I Ain't Skeered!  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @johnkitchens Totally agree!  Have seen more than a few of my friends posts that would classify them as bat **** crazy. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    I'm proud to say I have never had a Facebook page.  

Same here.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Fb has hooked me up with some old friends. I understand mickey's stance but I seldom boycott anything. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    @Mickey is it FB really whats got you riled up or the thought of minimum wages rising too fast and causing inflation devaluing the dollar? Your retired now on a fixed income correct? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    @DMW not really the point.  I guess I'm the low hanging fruit this afternoon.  Fire away all.
    Sorry, was not intended as a jab, just an admission that I probably *do* share too much online.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like Facebook, because I have discovered that I didn't really know some people as good as I thought I did. I have a few FB friends that I have found out through there posts are actually crazy. 
    Yes...I agree 100%.  FaceBook has confirmed my suspicion, @henapple is fvcking batsh!t crazy!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • mahenryak
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My last comment on the subject.  No hard feelings DMW or NPHuskerFL.  I was probably being a little too thin skinned.  I can be that way sometimes but try to work on it.  I found a stat that said there were something like 1.11 Billion FB users as of March 2013 on Facebook (not sure how reliable this figure is as I've never heard of the site I've referenced below, before).  When I said earlier that I am a 'little paranoid' in this area, I was simply trying to exercise a little self-awareness.  In other words, I am in the minority on this topic, and realize this.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/facebook-statistics/

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    We never joined and never regretted not doing so! Now what Mickey posted makes me want to join just so I could turn around and cancel it just to support Mickey's protest...but hey...I still want to leave it in my obituary that "RRP never EVER joined Face Book" LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I kind of support facebook. They are saying hey if we are paying you a certain rate for labor, you need to provide for your employees what we think is fair based on our pay to you. You don't want to comply, go contract elsewhere. Btw never have or will own a facebook account.
    Seattle, WA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    DMW said:
    mahenryak said:
    Sorry, was not intended as a jab, just an admission that I probably *do* share too much online.
    I was wondering why you used your LinkedIn pic on the forum :get_outta_here: 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I have never understood why some are scared to have social media in their life or tell where they live on a forum (yes, I am talking to some on here).  It doesn't really matter to me that I have said accounts, my name, pictures, etc out on the internets.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I have never understood why some are scared to have social media in their life or tell where they live on a forum (yes, I am talking to some on here).  It doesn't really matter to me that I have said accounts, my name, pictures, etc out on the internets.  
    I'm not afraid of social media. I just think it's dumb and a complete waste of time. Then again, that's how my wife feels about this website. ;)
  • DMW
    Options
    I'm not afraid of social media. I just think it's dumb and a complete waste of time. Then again, that's how my wife feels about this website. ;)
    Didn't anyone tell you that your self worth is entirely based on how many "Likes" you get on Facebook?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I like my 2k posts here, as far as keeping up with high school and college buddies I may never see again....no thanks. The important ones I talk to one on one. I don't need to show my life....beautiful wife, kids, house.....ooops see getting caught up in the "social media".
    Seattle, WA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Was referring to those that are truly scared. Older guy at work thinks the Feds are gonna bust his door down and take his guns and whatever else he has. He calls it Space book. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site