Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - lost dog, would appreciate the good vibes...

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    Got her. :):) I'm working right now but will update after the shift. Thank you all. 
    Awesome!  Congrats man very happy for you to get Roo Roo back.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    Time to get Roo Roo a thunder buddy!

*warning language*

https://youtu.be/b_MxE3E8xfE
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    Awesome! Glad you got her back
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Awesome news! Welcome home Roo Roo!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Great news.  I've been checking in on this thread all day hoping to see this post.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Glad you found her!
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    I'm glad you found her. We just adopted a dog from a shelter and he is just the sweetest thing. He was a stray and I hope he doesn't have a family looking for him. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!! So very happy this had a HAPPY ending. I've lost good furry family to this sort of thing and heartbreaking is an understatement. Glad to see Roo Roo is back home :dog: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Try using a ThunderShirt. I have many friends with working Mals that swear by it
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I like stories that end well. Time to get some much needed rest
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice ending.  I would freak out if any of our pack vanished. 
    Options
    Awesome news  =)
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That is the kind of news I like waking up up.  Congrats @MaskedMarvel on finding RooRoo and my hat off to @johnmitchell for being an all around good dude - God Bless!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Glad you found her!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks especially to @johnmitchell

he literally drove in circles looking for my dog. Can't wait for that glass of wine, sir..

also nice to see @Wolfpack in the restaurant again. Thank you for the support. 

We had had gotten calls that the Roo was in major traffic and living dangerously. To be that close after I'd only gotten ten hours sleep in three days just to have her get hit would have been very painful. I rallied a few friends and volunteers, and we did sweeps of the neighborhood where she was last seen. A city park with meandering streets and a creek. Lots of dogs, apparently, go to this creek in this neighborhood because of the water supply. A mile and a half from home. 

The hunter friend in the group has that weirdo eagle eye that makes a buck stand out In a forest at twenty clicks. I don't have that skill. Anyway, he saw her hiding in the creek from the street. Impossible. I got there and she came out and started crying like a human being. You should have heard it. Just bawling. 

Quick drive to to the vet and she doesn't have a mark on her. Dirty and smelly and paw pads somewhat hot from all her running. But no damage. Unbelievable. 

Got got her home and have her a good bath, a cookie, and her anxiety medicine. 

Got out home from work just now, ten hours later, and she is SORE. Vet said to expect her to be as sore as you or I would be after sprinting solid for three days. Another cookie and she is resting on her dog bed. 

Very very very happy to have her back. We'll have new tags made and will find out why our microchip wasn't registered. We wrote down the serial number from the scanner.  

@johnmitchellis the epitome of why this forum is so amazing. This guy has never hung out with me, never seen my dog. Owes me nothing. Took time away from his work and day to help with the search and got his friends involved because he had a friend in need. I am humbled to the core to have you as a friend sir... 

And to all all who sent the good vibes our way - we wouldn't have made it without you. When it seemed like no news was coming in, a post to this thread would make me squeeze a little more energy out to hang a few more posters and circle another block. Invaluable. You are all welcome in our home anytime. Thank you so deeply. 
    This is the greatest story I have ever read on this forum.  I want to buy you a beer sometime, @johnmitchell

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Great news, really gets in you in the old pump. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    @johnmitchell  that was no nice of you.  The people on this forum are amazing.
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    great ending.  Kudos to all who helped!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great news!!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    your dog might be too old for it but they make cd's for desensitizing a dog to loud sounds. i usually start with a pellet gun, the 22, then a homemade cannon. the dog watches the town fireworks and its right above my house. might be worth a try with the cd's
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Glad all ends well!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Awesome News.  Glad she is at home safe and sound.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So very good. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    So glad to hear your story ended happily!  I had a Keesehond a long time ago that was VERY sensitive to thunder.  Had to put her in the Powder Room(no windows so she couldn't see the lightning) and put on the exhaust fan so she couldn't hear the thunder!  Last dog was a Lab and she couldn't give a rip about thunder...
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    EagleIII said:
    So glad to hear your story ended happily!  I had a Keesehond a long time ago that was VERY sensitive to thunder.  Had to put her in the Powder Room(no windows so she couldn't see the lightning) and put on the exhaust fan so she couldn't hear the thunder!  Last dog was a Lab and she couldn't give a rip about thunder...
    Our new puppy barks it the thunder.  It's pretty cute.  I am wondering what she will think about fireworks here soon. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    So glad you found her!  I had a kitty (not an outdoor cat) that snuck out and was gone for 11 days, and I know how miserable it is, wondering where they are and if they are OK.  The relief is overwhelming.  Glad your baby girl made it home safely. 
  • SaskNortherner
    Options
    Right on I hope she is O.K. You made my day as well.
    LBGE,Mini Max,Stoker Meadow Lake Sask.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Thanks especially to @johnmitchell

he literally drove in circles looking for my dog. Can't wait for that glass of wine, sir..

also nice to see @Wolfpack in the restaurant again. Thank you for the support. 

We had had gotten calls that the Roo was in major traffic and living dangerously. To be that close after I'd only gotten ten hours sleep in three days just to have her get hit would have been very painful. I rallied a few friends and volunteers, and we did sweeps of the neighborhood where she was last seen. A city park with meandering streets and a creek. Lots of dogs, apparently, go to this creek in this neighborhood because of the water supply. A mile and a half from home. 

The hunter friend in the group has that weirdo eagle eye that makes a buck stand out In a forest at twenty clicks. I don't have that skill. Anyway, he saw her hiding in the creek from the street. Impossible. I got there and she came out and started crying like a human being. You should have heard it. Just bawling. 

Quick drive to to the vet and she doesn't have a mark on her. Dirty and smelly and paw pads somewhat hot from all her running. But no damage. Unbelievable. 

Got got her home and have her a good bath, a cookie, and her anxiety medicine. 

Got out home from work just now, ten hours later, and she is SORE. Vet said to expect her to be as sore as you or I would be after sprinting solid for three days. Another cookie and she is resting on her dog bed. 

Very very very happy to have her back. We'll have new tags made and will find out why our microchip wasn't registered. We wrote down the serial number from the scanner.  

@johnmitchellis the epitome of why this forum is so amazing. This guy has never hung out with me, never seen my dog. Owes me nothing. Took time away from his work and day to help with the search and got his friends involved because he had a friend in need. I am humbled to the core to have you as a friend sir... 

And to all all who sent the good vibes our way - we wouldn't have made it without you. When it seemed like no news was coming in, a post to this thread would make me squeeze a little more energy out to hang a few more posters and circle another block. Invaluable. You are all welcome in our home anytime. Thank you so deeply. 
    Hi everyone
    I just wanted to close the loop on this one....Last night was my Wife's Birthday and we visited 1618 Seafood Grille to celebrate and to meet @MaskedMarvel and enjoy what was unquestionably the best seafood meal that we have had...Damien was superb and kept the Free drinks flowing all night..What an all round stand up guy....
    You really do meet some Awesome guys on this forum... 
    If you ever pass through Greensboro NC you need to check out 1618 Seafood Grille.
    Kind Regards John..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....