Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling @badinfluence

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    That's a sweet looking truck!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    Hello... things are well here. I have been really busy lately. To answer a few questions...

i am no longer driving the truck over the road. I still own it but hired a driver to drive it.

And now the big news.YES I BOUGHT A FOOD TRUCK. We found one in Fort Myers florida and flew down here Thursday and bought it. We loaded it on a flatbed Friday and we fly back home Sunday morning. The truck will be in iowa on tuesday.

BADINFLUENCE BBQ AND GRILL is becoming a reality.  

After 16 years behind the wheel of a truck it  is time for something new and exciting.

I REALLY like the idea of you putting the food truck in an area of high traffic truck volume.   I also work in trucking on the management side (18 years and still going) and the places where drivers can get a meal of good value are few and far between.  The options are to stop at truck stops with restaurants that gouge them for $10 - $15 a meal (and in many cases is more food than they really need) OR even sadder, stop at one of the TS's that now have a fast food restaurant build in. 

Funny thing is, our office is in the middle of a newly developed warehouse district, and my co-worker and I have joked for the last 2 years that if I won the lottery I would buy a food truck and hire him to run it!  We would get tons of business there. 

Best of luck to you!! 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Good luck to you!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Good luck. You'll do great. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    -Teddy Roosevelt
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Keep us updated. You are living the dream! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm so excited for you!  I can't wait to hear how your first days go. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    All the best.  I look forward to hearing the success story tomorrow.
    Phoenix 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Congrats and good luck... Keep us posted on your first day
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Good luck today man!  The truck looks sweet and I'm sure your food will be delicious.  Is your wife going to work in the truck with you? 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Thanks everyone. 
    @Grillin_beers‌ she has a full time job already but took today and tomorrow off. Also have a neighbor that is working for me. Still looking for more help though.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    All the best to you & good luck. Your living our dream. Keep us in the loop.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Well @badinfluence I hope you sold out quickly today man.  Working in a food truck would be a cool job so I'm sure you won't have any problems finding help. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @badinfluence - Great to hear today went well! You'll soon figure out what your most popular items are and how to keep those in stock as long as possible to meet customer demand. Thanks for keeping us updated!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Congrats on your first day! Here is hoping for many more to come. If you managed to sell out of ribs in the first hour I'd say you're on the right track. 

Keep us updated, this has been one of my favorite threads around here. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    That's wonderful news on the first day going well! Running out of ribs fast is a positive problem! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Fist bump @badinfluence.  Big congrats!
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Great work!  I'm enjoying following this story..
    NOLA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Awesomeness!!!!  Congrats dude!!!!  I also have a dream of opening a food truck/catering business one day.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    And don't be shy about bumping the prices as long as the demand holds.  There are great deals and good deals etc-granted on day one you don't know the market but you will quickly sort it out.  Congrats on the opening and all the best on the road.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I personally keep checking this thread and enjoy it. 

I had a head scratcher when I saw someone disagreed with bad influences last post. Lmao 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Sorry that apparently was me- fat fingers small phone.  Corrected
    Greensboro, NC
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited June 2015
    Options
    THANKS for the update! Some time back you had promised to drive over today for the 13th annual Peoria Eggfest, but then I saw your thread about opening this weekend so I knew that was out of the question! 

BTW remember Richee777 and Wendy who sold you their Medium last year ago in Peoria? They drove down from Milwaukee again last night to Peoria and today they bought a really cool table thing that bolts on to their egg nest. I don't recall the manufacturer's name but it really was a cool addition to their large they bought in Peoria last year!

MAY your Food Truck be a SUCCESS which keeps you home and off the road!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @badinfluence sounds like it's going well. Really great to hear and do keep us updated. I for one is interested. And too, I'd love to see some more pictures of the truck, inside especially. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.