Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freshly hatched!

Options
2»

Comments

• mjk412
    mjk412 Posts: 113
    Options
    icunrse said:

Wow! Looks just like the egg I purchased two weeks ago. Now mine is two weeks old and no longer white and pure. Haha. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    icunrse said:
    I just noticed in the first pic that the neighbor kid was checking out the egg...
    Or wondering why the idiot neighbor is taking pics if that weird green thing.

They get used to it. 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Welcome... EGG ON!!!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Not trying to be a buzz kill at all but before you get going to fast a couple of things which you may already be aware of but bear with me. Before you light it up make sure you jot down the number on the inside of the done and the lid so you can register the egg for warranty purposes.

Next not sure if you are still east coast or not but cooking on a deck is something to take into account. Many of us do regardless of locale but burning charcoal on a wooden deck has it's risks no matter how careful you are.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things I meant to say but I've got food on my egg as I speak. Welcome to the insanity and can't wait to see more pictures. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ok, here is the deal. Food gets better, you will spend more money than you actually thought, develop OCD, make your neighbors envious, spend more money, drink more, weigh more, total FWP. Welcome and enjoy. You have really done it this time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
     Congrats on your new Egg, icunrse! I'm a new Egghead myself. You're going to love it!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Welcome!  You have a beautiful egg there. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • icunrse
    icunrse Posts: 87
    Options
    @Scottborasjr thanks. I already registered it. The great guy who delivered it gave me a little tutorial (aka stuff I'll forget). I'm East coast-NC. I might burn down my deck?!? Better have the extinguisher on standby. 
    @yukonron I'm looking forward to all of it except weigh more. I just injured my knee so no running...I already picked up a few lbs. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC
    LBGE, and the only one on the block. My neighbor just got a new gas grill...let the games begin!!

• YukonRon
    Options
    I am sorry to read the bad news on the knee. I am messed up from the feet up, I do feel the pain, but never stop.
    I no longer cook a meal, I cook feasts. I
    have bought knives, freezer, commercial grade slicers, vacuum packing, food dryers, vacuum cleaners, built a wing on to the patio, redesigned my back yard, 
    and I could go on forever. Did I mention I picked a certain color of siding as not to clash with my BGE? OCD! 
    SWMBO shakes her head at me anymore when I tell her my ideas, which are all spawned from my XL.
    I haven't even thrown in the cost for therepy. The list grows......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • icunrse
    Options
    Oh my god, YukonRon!! You ARE addicted! I'm sure I will be too, and I can't wait. I did paint my deck last year a very flattering light green...maybe it was subconsciously, but my egg looks beautiful out there. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC
    LBGE, and the only one on the block. My neighbor just got a new gas grill...let the games begin!!

• YukonRon
    Options
    It is already too late for you. I will unfold a chair just for you at the next group therapy session. I will bring the wine.
    I am sorry and congratulations. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • icunrse
    Options
    Sounds great to me. Make mine light beer. I do have a butt in the fridge for a LNS at some point. The addiction is creeping on me. I don't look at the meat department the same way anymore. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Re: deck fire concern..  The lower vent screen does a decent job of keeping the occasional hot ember from hitting the deck but there are fire resistant mats you can place under or in front of the vent on the deck. Others may have better suggestions.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    icunrse said:
    Oh my god, YukonRon!! You ARE addicted! I'm sure I will be too, and I can't wait. I did paint my deck last year a very flattering light green...maybe it was subconsciously, but my egg looks beautiful out there. 
    Welcome   Dont worry    Next you will be designing the deck around the BGE    Start saving :)
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • nysportsfan
    nysportsfan Posts: 241
    Options
    Freshly hatched, eh? I think my large and my medium had dozens of 1920s porcelain lights...

• luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    It must be true, the egg came before the chicken. Enjoy yourself
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Get some!!!  Have a great time getting to know your egg on these first few cooks!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • icunrse
    Options
    @swordsmn thanks. I'll look into it. A brand new Fresh Market opened here today, and I picked up 2 chickens that I'm going to spatch for my first cook. Already spent more than I should have on the birds, but it IS my first cook. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC