Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stanky Picnic

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished dressing up my brisket with some marinade, and went to unwrap that gorgeous 8 pound picnic, when I was overwhelmed with a nasty odor. Went right back to the store with the tainted meat and exchanged for a fresh new picnic, just slighty smaller, at 7.7 pounds. Got it rubbed up nicely with a simple rub...waiting to bath in smoke with his chunk-o-chest buddy.[p]Thanks for all the advice the other day. I got many differing opinions on the skin....and I ended up scoring it in a diamond pattern, and working the rub down into the gorgeous layer of fat under the skin. Will let you know how it comes out.[p]Any recommendations for a sauce that would compliment both the brisket and the pulled pork?? I haven't made sauce for months and months.[p]Thanks, and Happy Qing
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments