Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it possible to boil water on an Egg??

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited May 2015
    Sorry but I am pretty sure someone needs some vegetables in their life not 3lb rib eyes. Just sayin cauliflower roasts well.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    If I had asked a question that stupid, I'd ditch my account and get a new one too. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Lit said:
    I can't stop looking at it to decide what is the funniest part. My top 3 are the look on his face, the hat, and the man boobs. I think a GIF of the man boobs in full stride would seal the deal.
    He's got the high beams on too
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2015
    If I had asked a question that stupid, I'd ditch my account and get a new one too. 

No way that was a serious question . . . I hope.

Maybe he was concerned about water, steam, and the ceramic innards?

I dunno.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I'm old Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/qJ6kHlvCBz0
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Lit
    Craig I wanted to get my wife a shirt and was curious if all sizes showed off the titties that well?
  • DoubleEgger

No Way that was a serious question . . . I hope.

I dunno.

Not good business to ask a question like this (jokingly or not) and then charge $50 a person for your cooking class. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

No Way that was a serious question . . . I hope.

I dunno.

Not good business to ask a question like this (jokingly or not) and then charge $50 a person for your cooking class. 
    I think you read that wrong. He pays $50 for you to attend the class.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    I actually like the hat.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Hahaha that's too funny. Remind me never to piss you guys off. 

In all honesty though, that tomahawk steak cook was one of the best I've ever seen on this site. Credit where credit is due. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You can not boil water on an egg.   It runs down the sides before it can boil
    LMFAO at that gif
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Like a steak or burger, you'll need to flip the pot over or the water on top would never get hot.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    buzd504 said:
    I've tried, but I always burn it.
    Burn the water??   (is that possible?)
    Oh yes! I have a pan I used to boil some water one day and it will never be the same. The wife was pi**ed!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Jeremiah said:
    First, assuming Craig honestly didn't know you could boil water on a grill a year ago, you've got to admit he's come a long way, as he's now putting out way better (looking, at least) food off the egg than most. Second, don't be dicks. Yeah, he tries to sell his blog, but damn. Now y'all are just being bullies. 
    The originating question was not necessarily will it boil, but more of a will it affect the internal ceramic in anyway. Also, not referring to a tiny dutch oven, but more of a Of course it will boil. See below. I guess I should have been more specific.  

Thank you for the compliment! 

The blog hasn't been mentioned in this forum for quite some time, but I'm glad you mentioned it. Every time these guys jump on the Craig Wagon, my web traffic spikes. So by all means people, continue pushing. 

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578

I dunno.

Correct. I was not referring to a tiny pan, I was curious about boiling a HUGE pot for a lengthy period of time. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2015
    btw, I do like BGC's blog.  It is very well done and has a lot of good information.

I did not realize this was a riff on a real question.  If I offended Craig I apoligize.  For all the hard times he is given I think he is a pretty good resource.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    If someone has a recipe for boiling water, pls post or link.  NOT the high altitude kind, either -- we're close to sea level in The 302 and I'm not messing with another difficult variable.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2015
    Understand razzing someone about pushing their brand etc, but to call someone out and picking on them about their size or features isn't right.  Most of folks on this forum I doubt is sitting behind your computer or phone with a six pack of abs (more like a six pack of beer) and ripped (more like ripping some pork or beef Q).  

The hat, okay, not my style either on the bill, but whatever floats his boat.   

I agree, except based on BGC screen name I was under the impression it was part of his persona.

My gif was intended to be humorous.  I guess I did not think how it would impact Craig.  My apologize.

Btw, I like the hat a lot.  I was actually wondering where you order one from Meat Church.

Also the composition of the photo is pretty cool.  If I had 2 tomahawks I would be grinning from ear to ear too.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    buzd504 said:
    I've tried, but I always burn it.
    But it seems to stay a lot more moist!

Gerhard
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Understand razzing someone about pushing their brand etc, but to call someone out and picking on them about their size or features isn't right.  Most of folks on this forum I doubt is sitting behind your computer or phone with a six pack of abs (more like a six pack of beer) and ripped (more like ripping some pork or beef Q).  

The hat, okay, not my style either on the bill, but whatever floats his boat.   

I agree, except based on BGC screen name I was under the impression it was part of his persona.

My gif was intended to be humorous.  I guess I did not think how it would impact Craig.  My apologize.

Btw, I like the hat a lot.  I was actually wondering where you order one from Meat Church.

Also the composition of the photo is pretty cool.  If I had 2 tomahawks I would be grinning from ear to ear too.
    If I had 2 tomahawks like that, I'd be grinning from ear to ear, my high beams would be on, AND I'd be doing the gif-jiggle spontaneously.  

(Would lose the hat, tho.)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936

I dunno.

Correct. I was not referring to a tiny pan, I was curious about boiling a HUGE pot for a lengthy period of time. 
    So the question about whether the water could be burned.... was actually about the ceramic?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited May 2015
    Man.....I didn't see the date on the OP and thought someone had created a Big Green Craig Troll account.  Have to agree with @Jeremiah - he has churned out some great looking cooks.  Although unless you're a a professional skateboarder there is no justification for any man over 16 to wear a hat like that  IMO   =) .

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Man.....I didn't see the date on the OP and thought someone had created a Big Green Craig Troll account.  Have to agree with @Jeremiah - he has churned out some great looking cooks.  Although unless you're a a professional skateboarder there is no justification for any man over 16 to wear a hat like that  IMO   =) .
    Good point.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Bizzity bizzity bizzity bump
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    @lit thank you for bumping this!  Any other oldie but goodies I'd love to read!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    These old ones really make the comments and posts from the current ones make oh so much more sense!  You guys and gals are an absolute bust up!   I laugh at this stuff like you are all sitting in front of me with an actual conversation going on!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf