Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the best BBQ restaurant in Corpus Christi?

Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
I've been to Bar B Q Man and Mr Gs.  Any other recommendations on Q joints or seafood?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Skip BBQ, go here

http://costasurcc.com/

Best seafood restaurant.  Amazing.  All of the ceviche are excellent, my favorite is the ceviche mixto.  The other must have is the Peruvian Poke.  Less adventurous, fish tacos with wahoo.
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    For seafood, I always go to Water Street Seafood Company when in in Corpus. 
    McKinney, TX
  • Best seafood in CC is at Yardarm. Water Street is over rated. Best new restaurant in town is the Ginger Cafe on Staples. Not BBQ or Seafood. All good but I recommend the lamb shank. 
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Best chain bbq, Rudys for sure. When I got there is all about the seafood. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @Legume I'm now gonna have to go to that place this summer. I looked at their menu it looks awesome. If it's not good you'll never be able to show your face at another Eggfest in Texas again. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • If you really have to have Q in in Corpus go to Howard's. If you simply want a real good meal, go to Ginger Cafe, Yardarm, Dragonfly, or Black Sheep. Just because CC is on the coast, don't get your seafood expectations too high. 
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @DominicMagestic Dragonfly is on the island on SPID, right?  I think it's near costa sur - I've never eaten there but have heard it's good.  Will have to make it next time I'm down there for sure.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Legume said:
    "What I'm gonna did was told you a storys..."
  • @Legume - that's where it is.  One of our favorites. Be sure to try the lamb shank at Ginger Cafe sometime. Ginger has been open about 6 months - our new favorite restaurant. Can get cocktails at Dragonfly but not at Ginger but you can bring a bottle of wine or a six pack to Ginger. 
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    This is a riddle, right?  The one with the best sauce, of course!
    It's a 302 thing . . .