Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has your Egg ever sweated like this? (Pics)

Options
Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
We've had a lot of rain lately and I haven't fired up my Mini for awhile and when I fired it up tonight it started sweating.  Anyone ever see this before?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yes. If it cooks on not fun to get off.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Yup.  Moisture and grease coming through the pores.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hawg Fan
    Options
    I wiped it off before the Egg got up to temp, but it continued to sweat.  Looks like it's baked on now.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nope. Never saw anything like that before. =)

Sorry, Fish. Twice in one day. ;)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Normal with the porous ceramic.  It will clean up with water/simple green...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Yes
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hawg Fan
    Options
    @Carolina Q - that is one nasty looking Egg.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Nope. Never saw anything like that before. =)
    Sorry, Fish. Twice in one day. ;)
    I have reported you for egg abuse ;)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ;)@Carolina Q, that is outstanding!  I hope one day my LGE looks like yours!  And Ozzie Isaac reports me too.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Hey, it's not MY egg, it's Fish's. As I implied in the post. Geeze

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Then Fish is my hero!
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Forget the funk coming out of Fish's egg, is that smoke coming out of the top and pine straw and dry leaves underneath?  WTH?
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Looks like a real fire hazard!
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    edited May 2015
    Options

has happened to me a few times... simple green and a soft brush/sponge and it cleaned up like new - simple green also works great on composite side tables

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Happens with my Medium, but not the Large or XL.
  • Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    Options
    My large had some minor sweating over the weekend.  Was cooking steak at 600F.  I heard a high pitched squeak for quite a while too, until temp came down.  Nowhere near that much residue though.
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,756
    Options
    =)
    Legume said:
    Forget the funk coming out of Fish's egg, is that smoke coming out of the top and pine straw and dry leaves underneath?  WTH?

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    My large has had some minor sweating at some point as I have a couple stains on the base.  They originally looked like drips but now I think they're sweat marks based off looking at these pictures.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,756
    Options
    if you wait it out, snow and rain clean it up nicely, that egg that carolinaq posted is shiney green again
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    if you wait it out, snow and rain clean it up nicely, that egg that carolinaq posted is shiney green again
    Yep. I was recently out of town for an extended period. When I got home, my large had some mildew inside. I lit it up and let it burn for a while. The inside cleaned up nicely but, though I didn't have the seepage that Fish had, I did have the same crud coming out of the top. And plenty of it! Luckily, it rained the next day before I had gotten around to cleaning it. Clean as a whistle afterward and I didn't lift finger. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    that happens to mine if i leave it uncovered 
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE