Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Green Egg for sale

Options
We are a senior couple and have a large green egg with nest, side shelves, electric charcoal lighter, pizza stone, and other accessories we would like to sell.  Asking $600.00.  It has been used very little.  We are located in Bergen County New Jersey.  Please email if you are interested. 

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just a warning. You might get some negative comments about selling things on your first post, but hopefully you'll find a buyer. The forum was not designed to be a market place. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Just a warning. You might get some negative comments about selling things on your first post, but hopefully you'll find a buyer. The forum was not designed to be a market place. 

Perhaps they need the $$. Ever think of that?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• pal4404
    pal4404 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry, but I agree with cazzy.  Can always use money but that is not the reason, we do not use the egg and it is in the way.  Thought someone who was an egg fancier would find more use for it.  Unfortunately, there are negative individuals in all walks of life. 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @pal4404 ... yes there are negative people in this world, fortunately @stemc33 is not one of them. There's been alot of crap going on here lately .. if you were a regular forum person you would know about it. The forum has rules ... clearly displayed up top. Not my rules - forum rules.

Like brother @Stemc33 ... it's probably a non issue with a 'regular' slipping a 'for sale' post here, but when you only have ONE post. I say - no.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @stemc33 is a good guy. He didn't mean anything negative at all by his comments. There is no need to pile on. 

@pal4404 if you were closer I probably would take it off of your hands. You will find a buyer.  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You need to post a good picture and year bought. There are changes in the Large. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I don't necessarily think anything is wrong with someone 's first post is selling their egg that they aren't using. Surprise, surprise, a lot of people here have multiple eggs and may be interested in getting another or know someone who is. People on this forum are the target market. They are just trying to sell quickly and easily. Granted, if there were a bunch of sellers, maybe I would change my mind. A lot of other forums have a market place subforum specifically because people sell to each other.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    I know hawking when I see it.  This is not that.  Good luck with the sale.

Like @Mickey said pics and year would go a long way.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I know hawking when I see it.  This is not that.  Good luck with the sale.

Like @Mickey said pics and year would go a long way.
    You got a problem with Hawking??

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt see now that is Hawking!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @pal4404 - the issue with buying a used Egg is it comes with no warranty.  That plus you can get a deal during Eggfests with warranty and save significant $$$ it just drives the price down on individual sales.   It's only a matter of time before the ceramics fail and the price of replacement parts, the lifetime warranty is a huge value proposition for a new Egg or Eggiest Egg.  Anyway, good look finding a new home for your Egg.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I dont think the poster meant any harm. Unfortunately, if selling is starting to be allowed we will have all kinds of people joining simply to sell crap. I would hate to see the top of the forum covered up with stuff for sale. 

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    4Runner said:
    @pal4404 - the issue with buying a used Egg is it comes with no warranty.  That plus you can get a deal during Eggfests with warranty and save significant $$$ it just drives the price down on individual sales.   It's only a matter of time before the ceramics fail and the price of replacement parts, the lifetime warranty is a huge value proposition for a new Egg or Eggiest Egg.  Anyway, good look finding a new home for your Egg.
    Agree the warranty is important if it is your only egg. If adding a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th...) the lack of warranty on one of them might not be so important as you wouldn't be out of commission in the event of a failure. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    ads75 said:
    I don't necessarily think anything is wrong with someone 's first post is selling their egg that they aren't using. Surprise, surprise, a lot of people here have multiple eggs and may be interested in getting another or know someone who is. People on this forum are the target market. They are just trying to sell quickly and easily. Granted, if there were a bunch of sellers, maybe I would change my mind. A lot of other forums have a market place subforum specifically because people sell to each other.
    If you go onto those forums you will find out most of them require a minimum post count before you can post in the buy/sell section.

This person selling something does not bother me, just posting how those forums mentioned mostly work.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • BigGreenGator
    BigGreenGator Posts: 346
    Options
    Mickey said:
    You need to post a good picture and year bought. There are changes in the Large. 
    Here she is as a baby 

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• 4Runner
    Options
    DMW said:
    4Runner said:
    Agree the warranty is important if it is your only egg. If adding a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th...) the lack of warranty on one of them might not be so important as you wouldn't be out of commission in the event of a failure. 
    I see your point but I don't consider my Egg "mission critical" as I can live without. I just don't want to have to pay for replacement parts.  So for me, I would just about always go new in anticipation I would more than makeup my savings on a used Egg over my lifetime.  Regardless of my Egg arsenal. That is just me though.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @stemc33 woah there buddy slow down.  We already got a report abuse button this year and no links were broken.
  • 4Runner
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    4Runner said:
    I see your point but I don't consider my Egg "mission critical" as I can live without.
    I just reported you to "forum abuse" for this statement. 
    Guilty as charged.  I'll say 40 Hail Marys, do 50 push-ups, run 25 laps, write on the chalkboard, etc, etc.   trying to cover all the basis here.   
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @stemc33 woah there buddy slow down.  We already got a report abuse button this year and no links were broken.
    Lol. I'm sure the site could handle it without crashing. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • 4Runner
    Options
    We really should consider a buy/sell forum.  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    4Runner said:
    We really should consider a buy/sell forum.  
    I've suggested there be a thread like that in the past.  

I don't want to hear a pitch on every thread, but I would like to know which members are "in the business" and what they have to offer.
    Phoenix 
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited May 2015
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Just to set the record straight... I was just simply trying to warn the OP there could be negative comments for listing something for sale on the first post. We've all seen it before happen to some posters.  I personally do not see a problem with individual sales, but more when people are trying to sale snake oil and are plainly using the site for monetary gain. Also, I'd like to see a used classified page on the site,  It'd be a great way for people to sale BGE items for whatever reason(moving, upgrading, downsizing, etc. etc.  

I would normally agree, however I don't see this as the normal "hey everyone, glad to be part of the flock....now check out these cool tables I build" type of post.

Sometimes a little restraint and common sense works. 

To the OP.....put it on your local craigslist.  You should get plenty of interest that way.  Best of luck with the sale!! 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    What is the issue with selling stuff? Why can't there be a sub forum to sell stuff?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Let the gentleman sell his egg. He's not hawking tables, mangroves or t-shirts. Smh
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    stompbox said:
    What is the issue with selling stuff? Why can't there be a sub forum to sell stuff?
    We could start a classified thread but BGE would never dedicate a page or link that would support other vendors that essentially competes against their product.    
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    stompbox said:
    We could start a classified thread but BGE would never dedicate a page or link that would support other vendors that essentially competes against their product.    
    I doubt they would notice.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    henapple said:
    Let the gentleman sell his egg. He's not hawking tables, mangroves or t-shirts. Smh
    Or cutting boards....