Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak

Options
2»

Comments

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Try Fogo or Quebracho from Amazon, 40 lb. bags delivered to Prime members for $40. If you like big chunks of lump, these have very large chunks mixed in with some good medium size, and not too much powder considering they get delivered by UPS.

If you can get Rockwood, and don't mind the premium price for premium lump, I would get it.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• NoobZero
    NoobZero Posts: 177
    Options

@NoobZero - I'm on the South Side as well...  over in Henry Co off I-75 and Hudson Bridge.  What's your 20?  There's lots of places around down here that have good lump.

In no particular order, in distance to me.....  McDonough Ace off of 20/81 on the west side of McDonough; bonus score since T&T Meats is just outside the square heading towards Ace HW.  Griffin Ace HW, Jackson Heating and Cooling - Ms. Joan runs the place and she has coal there.  I'm sure there's an Ace in Fayetteville.  Southern Lawn Designs in Senoia off of 74/16 just south of Senoia (Zombies......  RUN!!!!) has both BGE and a "new-to-me" lump, Carbon Del Sur.  I like it just about as much as Rockwood, (no offense @STLcharcoal!)

In a pinch, and if you are near me, I'll grab a back of Rockwood from the places up by my office in Sandy Springs....  Ace on Roswell Rd inside 285 or Roswell Hardware in Roswell.  There's a couple of Ace's in Atlanta near the Krispy Kreme that I've bought from as well.

Please, if you need anything, let me know.  I'll be glad to help.  If you need to get in touch with some of these fine folks, I can help you there as well!

Thanks for the kind offer to help Dave, you already have. I'm located near Hartsfield. I will be checking the nearest Ace after I burn through my remaining RO. Thanks everyone. 
    Atlanta GA. 
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Whatever brand, feel the bag for fullness.  Obviously, the more full the larger the pieces.  It pays to pick through the bags.  They are filled by weight.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    All ACE stores don't have it in stock but can order it. Call ahead before you make a trip. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    All ACE stores don't have it in stock but can order it. Call ahead before you make a trip. 

**All Ace stores in the Southeast US and Gulf Coast. (sorry, just need to throw that in there.)

Most of the ones that stock it regularly are on our website, but not a bad idea to call first since we can't track what's actually on the shelf.