Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great forum: BBQBrethren.com

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm on  several forums including BBQ Brethren.  This one is still my go to regardless.  Don't get your panties all up in a bunch it's only the intewebs y'all. 

https://youtu.be/F_5dP_83O7o
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    What user name are you on the Brethern?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SGH said:
    @NPHuskerFL
    What user name are you on the Brethern?
    Same.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Same.
    I ask because there is a NPHusker there  minus the FL. Didn't know if that was you. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Good site, been there for some time, but seldom post. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
     The absence of moderation is annoying, but not a reason to leave. If nobody reads his post, he will disappear. With luck  The moderators will get on the ball
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here is the deal guys.  The purpose of this thread is to point out other great places to hang your hat.

When I am looking for recipies or reading threads I am out in the open with my wife, kids, and friends around.  I check up when I'm at ball games or in a waiting room.  A big wagging **** has nothing to do with my comfort zone and everything to do with people and places I want to be associated with.  I do not wish to be associated with a forum that allows it.

I will not recommend this forum to friends or fellow BBQ'rs.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2015
    Options
    . . . I am out in the open with my wife, kids . . . when I'm at ball games or in a waiting room. . . .
    A good point, certainly.
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    See I would have passed the phone to a buddy to check some of the crap out in that thread. Hilarious. I sent several of the pics to the Sr. Manager at my work. Guess different strokes for different folks. 
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    It appears it's all over. Taken care of.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

A big wagging **** has nothing to do with my comfort zone and everything to do with people and places I want to be associated with.  

I'm still trying to process this sentence.
    It will come to you, just keep trying.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

A big wagging **** has nothing to do with my comfort zone and everything to do with people and places I want to be associated with.  

I'm still trying to process this sentence.
    It will come to you, just keep trying.
    Okay if you change sentence structure a little, it becomes much more interesting-

a big wagging **** has, nothing to do with my comfort zone, everything to do with people and places I want to be associated with. 

Think this may have been where John was heading- 

p.s. In jest as sarcasm doesn't tranfer well through typing.  I agree with Ozzie- guy was ruining the forum.
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is hilarious to me.  Human nature.  Herd mentality.  Reminds me of when Bush was elected, all these Democrats said they were moving to Canada.  Then When Obama won, same story with Republicans. 

I encourage everyone who is fluffing their feathers with indignant morality, or just to open their horizons, to try any other forum.  You'll find the members are a mix everywhere and gettin' all "people-ey" regardless of where you go.  Censorship makes it more the world like the censors imagine.  You can see a slippery slope here, right? 

Granted, Mike Hunt or whatever the hell his name was is was on a "death by troll" downward spiral.  That happens everywhere.  Only difference is some places catch it quicker.
    Options
    Reminds me of when Bush was elected, all these Democrats said they were moving to Canada.  
    That's one promise I wish that they would have made good on  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I'd sure like to be around you two (nolaegghead & SGH) sometime over a table full of meat.  You guys must be a riot to listen to.
    Phoenix 
  • SGH
    Options
    blasting said:
    I'd sure like to be around you two (nolaegghead & SGH) sometime over a table full of meat.  You guys must be a riot to listen to.
    I don't say much when there is food in my presence. More often than not I'm stuffing my face ;) If there is no food around then the conversation can be quite entertaining. Any chance you are going to make it to brisket camp this year? 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @blasting- Just to be clear, 99 percent of the stuff I say to Nola I'm just messing with him. I really think a lot of him. He is a all around great guy. 

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SGH said: I don't say much when there is food in my presence. More often than not I'm stuffing my face ;) If there is no food around then the conversation can be quite entertaining. Any chance you are going to make it to brisket camp this year? 
    Thanks for asking, but no, not this year.  I'm working on getting my egg this year.  Next year things should not be as tight, and would love to attend.  I've never wanted to meet anyone off the internet before, but I'm really looking forward to things like brisket camp and eggfests to hang out with like minded folks.

SGH said:
    @blasting- Just to be clear, 99 percent of the stuff I say to Nola I'm just messing with him. I really think a lot of him. He is a all around great guy. 

No, I knew you guys are friends.  He's a good guy as well; I just hope someday you'll be able to correct his political views.  I spent Friday night with some friends who are both retired professors - very liberal.  It's good to be around folks with incorrect ideas and still enjoy their company. (just some friendly needling nola)
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Congress used to do stuff like make laws that help America, but extremism and ideology keep it relegated to a pretty worthless institution now days.  I think a healthy dialog and maintaining friends regardless of their "beliefs" is constructive.  Note: I don't have any beliefs, just a robot-like absorption of data.
    Options
    I think a healthy dialog and maintaining friends regardless of their "beliefs" is constructive.  

I agree, it's both constructive and healthy.  The two professors I mentioned are a husband / wife who are 25 years my senior.  Despite having completely different political and social views from myself, they are two of my favorite people.
    Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    blasting said:
    I think a healthy dialog and maintaining friends regardless of their "beliefs" is constructive.  

I agree, it's both constructive and healthy.  The two professors I mentioned are a husband / wife who are 25 years my senior.  Despite having completely different political and social views from myself, they are two of my favorite people.
    Academics tend to be very nice when they're not grading exams.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    btw, I was showing people there are alternatives to this place.  I am not leaving.

I also agree dialiogue and alt. views are good, however there was nothing redeeming in this instance.  The inability of the mods to handle such a blatant case is amazing.  

Basically you had a guy walk up to public pool, whip out his tiny weener and start peeing in the pool and the lifeguards were all on a smoke break.  All the swimmers could do was look away while they were peed on.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Everything I type comes across bad.  Y'all need to get over it and move on...it was just a penis...something you've seen everyday as long as you can remember.   He's gone so let's move on.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Everything I type comes across bad.  Y'all need to get over it and move on...it was just a penis...something you've seen everyday as long as you can remember.   He's gone so let's move on.
    Damn, thats why I can't hit anything.  I pee with my eyes closed!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I must have missed the troll going off, but truthfully most trolls in the past have been rather tame.