Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote for moderators

Zmokin
Zmokin Posts: 1,938
edited May 2015 in EggHead Forum
Hmm, I don't see a poll option on this forum.
I know I would like to nominate and vote for some forum moderators.

My apologies for those that don't want the job, but I would like to nominate

@RRP
@NPHuskerFL
@JohnInCarolina
@hapster
@SGH

I think all of the above would make great moderators.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
 and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    I second the nomination!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Zmokin said:

@RRP
    @NPHuskerFL
    @JohnInCarolina
    @hapster
    @SGH

LOL - Thanks - I think, but I didn't know the moderator position(s) were open - just not being watched!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Hey! How do we know one of these guys isn't the troll? lol
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    So not only am I new here but to any forum as well. I'm amazed that this crap can go unnoticed. I generally have pretty low expectations for the general public (just a byproduct of work) but most people here have been helpful and encouraging.  All I'm saying is thanks to the forum members and most "jackalopes" usually just go away its in their nature, just weak. Ok I'll shut up now I need another beer anyway
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    If I'm a manager at BGE, you can bet your sweet butt that there would be a conference call with the folks at Vanilla first thing in the AM. 
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    All good choices. ..
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Only if I get paid in brisket...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I agree with 3 of those nominees 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    If I'm a manager at BGE, you can bet your sweet butt that there would be a conference call with the folks at Vanilla first thing in the AM. 
    Personally I think that call got made this afternoon! Something finally lit a fire under Rob! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Sorry but I think the moderator needs to be one removed from all of our threads.  New blood who knows and focuses on the forum rules and nothing else.  No opinion on cooking, natural temp control or adjusted, lump brand, homemade AR or purchased, band position and torque adjustments, fat up/fat down, etc, etc, etc. Basically, the moderator needs to be a gasser with no skin in the game except they want a nice, on point run forum.  Nothing else.  That is who I want as moderator.   No offense to those in the list as prefer your cooking input over forum moderation.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • JohnInCarolina
    4Runner said:
    Sorry but I think the moderator needs to be one removed from all of our threads.  New blood who knows and focuses on the forum rules and nothing else.  No opinion on cooking, natural temp control or adjusted, lump brand, homemade AR or purchased, band position and torque adjustments, fat up/fat down, etc, etc, etc. Basically, the moderator needs to be a gasser with no skin in the game except they want a nice, on point run forum.  Nothing else.  That is who I want as moderator.   No offense to those in the list as prefer your cooking input over forum moderation.  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Zmokin said:

@RRP
    @NPHuskerFL
    @JohnInCarolina
    @hapster
    @SGH

I certainly thank you for considering me, but I would have to respectfully decline the offer. I'm not on the forum nearly enough anymore to keep a eye on things. Also I'm very happy just trying to help folks. But again, thank you my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 4Runner
    4Runner said:

Nope. I heard he was a KJ lover.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
  • henapple
    @mickey is the forum mayor. If anyone should be a moderator it's him. 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I think whoever has the most thread views should be head moderater. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    henapple said:
    I agree with 3 of those nominees 
    I agree with 4 of them. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Zmokin Be Careful watcha ask for my friend. :tongue: Me a moderator?  Who would moderate the moderators that moderate?That's a recipe for disaster. :skull: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2015
    I feel like some of you aren't really my friends, for some reason.  Not sure how I feel about that.
  • henapple
    I think whoever has the most thread views should be head moderater. 
    Whoever has the most points...boiling a brisket thread doesn't count 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    4Runner said:
    Nonsense. I was a mod on another forum in a previous life. I participated in the general forum just as much (probably more) as everyone else did, but that didn't prevent me from moderating. These are unpaid positions. Who would agree to do it if they had no other interest in being here?!

THE moderator? We had a considerably smaller membership (though post count probably rivaled this place), but we had at least 8-9 mods (been a while and I forget), all of whom were just normal members. Different time zones too, so we were covered. Most of us were in the US, but one of the mods was in Austria (he's Austrian)! The Admin was actively involved too. Nothing like what just happened here would have gone on for more than an hour or so over there.

Would I do it again? Not on a bet. I took it seriously, as I'm sure Ron does over at the dry bag place, and I always felt like, to do it properly, I had to pay attention to everything all the time. A commitment, in other words. I lasted a couple of years.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I feel like some of you aren't really my friends, for some reason.  Not sure how I feel about that.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 4Runner
    edited May 2015
    4Runner said:
    Nonsense. I was a mod on another forum in a previous life. I participated in the general forum just as much (probably more) as everyone else did, but that didn't prevent me from moderating. These are unpaid positions. Who would agree to do it if they had no other interest in being here?!

THE moderator? We had a considerably smaller membership (though post count probably rivaled this place), but we had at least 8-9 mods (been a while and I forget), all of whom were just normal members. Different time zones too, so we were covered. Most of us were in the US, but one of the mods was in Austria (he's Austrian)! The Admin was actively involved too. Nothing like what just happened here would have gone on for more than an hour or so over there.

Would I do it again? Not on a bet. I took it seriously, as I'm sure Ron does over at the dry bag place, and I always felt like, to do it properly, I had to pay attention to everything all the time. A commitment, in other words. I lasted a couple of years.
    It's not nonsense at all. In fact, it is quite the opposite.  But more importantly, it is my opinion and I what prefer.  Doesn't mean another avenue wouldn't t work but certainly not nonsense.  
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    @Zmokin Be Careful watcha ask for my friend. :tongue: Me a moderator?  Who would moderate the moderators that moderate?That's a recipe for disaster. :skull: 
    The forum members moderate the moderators.  If a moderator seems to have developed an agenda of their own, and not just enforcing the forum rules, then the forum members complain about the "bad" moderator and they get the hatchet.

Ebay works, why, because of feedback.  No one wants bad feedback, it's bad for business. 

So we get a few very regulars who already are on this forum a lot, and give them the  power to hack the bad guys, bad posts, etc.  If it goes to their head and they become a bad moderator, then we complain and they get hacked.

Feedback and communication is the name of the game.  Right now, it seems this forum just runs amuck (unless you bad mouth BGE).  There obviously is some moderation going on, just not enough IMHO.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited May 2015
    I'll nominate myself if I'm given the title "Emperor" and I'm free to ban those who disagree with me.
    I had to FF ... Hope I'm not banned.  =)
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    I'll throw in my 2 cents. I love this place.  I have learned so much, tried to contribute where I could, and have really enjoyed my time here. But I'm also realistic enough to know that no matter where you are in the Internet, you're going to come across the lowest form of human beings in the planet. I'm on Twitter a lot. I don't tweet very often, because frankly, I don't have that much important to say.  But I do follow a lot of people in sports and news. I find it makes me very informed, and I really enjoy it, but the level of keyboard warriors who say the most degrading, racist and otherwise unthinkable things that 99.9999% would never say to another person face to face will always baffle me.  I would like to see better moderation around here, but I also choose to ignore those clowns. Many have mentioned the big issue is when they post in someone else's thread. Perhaps we could simply get assurance from the powers that be, that when someone is flagged, they take a serious look at those. If we police ourselves, we can get rid of these trolls quickly. It will also help dump the losers who continually try to flag others for no reason.  I think we are all big boys and girls, and can get through this and get back to cooking, sharing and maybe a little juvenile shenanigans from time to time. Thanks for the opportunity to rant a bit.  
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    I've moderated multiple popular forums. It's a cake gig.  

I'll do it.... For a free mini from the mothership....  :)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!