Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day taters

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Decided to go easy and have stuffed bakers for MD lunch. I've never seen taters this big. Sam's Club. Layed a deviled egg beside for scale.

My wife and best mom ever. ..Sher-Bear 

My new wheels... 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub, awesome wife and nice truck Uncle Apple. I would have bought a Chevy  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Hope your lovely wife had a fantastic Mother's Day. Like the new ride
    Greensboro, NC
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Love that slate fireplace and how wide are those floor planks?

oh and nice taters. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Tony. Very nice on all spectrums. Happy Mother's Day Sher-Bear :plus_one: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • henapple
    Options
    4"....like the wider planks. I did the slate...
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My dad and I built the fireplace and cabinets on either side. Mantle is all out of nominal lumber. Needs to be repainted as it's 13 yrs old. The man has toys and skill. Gonna replace the flooring in the near future.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Way to go @henapple ! You two look very happy! good for you!!!! Truck looks sweet. Is this your first ecoboost? I'll give you a few weeks with it and then I'll want an unbiased review. Very sharp truck.Love the Tater too
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Those new ford's are sharp . You know I'm no small guy. Working on all makes of trucks I think they have the most room. I like when people buy black. Everyone scratches them sooner or later. That's what I work on the most. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • henapple
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Way to go @henapple ! You two look very happy! good for you!!!! Truck looks sweet. Is this your first ecoboost? I'll give you a few weeks with it and then I'll want an unbiased review. Very sharp truck.Love the Tater too
    Very happy. ...Sher-Bear is my saviour. I'd be under a bridge without her.
    I have another 15 eco boost that my guys drive. So far no complaints. We'll see.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Mother day and you got the gift.  I like the way you roll.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    My dad and I built the fireplace and cabinets on either side. Mantle is all out of nominal lumber. Needs to be repainted as it's 13 yrs old. The man has toys and skill. Gonna replace the flooring in the near future.

My wife wants something similar to what you have there. I may ask you to snap a few more pics if you dont mind. 

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice taters, what is the protein on those?

And nice truck, for a Ford...

I've always liked black trucks. My first truck was a brand new black '98 ZR2. Bugger to keep clean and showed every little scratch. But when she was clean...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My mantle looks similar. ( disregard the junk everywhere. Mommys working and me and a 7 yr old and a 4 yr old are NOT good housekeepers). 

Little Rock, AR

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Nice. :star::star::star: 

That is a big tater. How does it work that you get a new truck around Mothers Day? 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Jaime
    Jaime Posts: 87
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nice pics, nice words about your wife..  Jaime, who's Ipad i've solen tonight is the best stepmom to my kids I could ever hope for.
    We enjoy your posts and perverse sense of humor!

swordsmn
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @henapple Looking good sir. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • henapple
    Options
    @DMW ....pulled pork 
    @stemc33 ....really long story. Getting around govt regs on weight. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Outstanding on all fronts Tony!  I'm looking forward to meeting Sher-Bear next month.
    Flint, Michigan