Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey glazed Spatchcock

Options
Made up a little bowl of honey, brown sugar and a touch of Worcestershire sauce for this chicken tonight. 75 minutes at 375.  Really turned out great for a first attempt.  Usually just a dabble of olive oil and pepper is all we have on our poultry.  Was a nice change of pace.
  1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Looks great! 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    You know, I have never cooked a Spatchcock. I've cooked chickens, but never a Spatchcock. After seeing this, I'm going for it this week sometime. Thanks for posting this. 
    McKinney, TX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Bentgrass - nice cook, and interesting idea on the honey glaze.

@Lmidkiff - spatch chicken is so good it gets made once a week in our home.  (of course half the excitement is over the bbq chicken pizzas that follow the next day)
    Phoenix 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice..

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking bird brother. Solid cook. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    That is absolutely awesome looking!! I'm sure it taste just as good. Great job!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Nice. :star::star::star: 

No stars for the treatment of your plate setter. Lol
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    awesome!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Ah yes, the plate setter... Another lesson learned there.  The work a little aluminum foil would save me.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Love the color, looks like you nailed it.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Bentgrass said:
    Ah yes, the plate setter... Another lesson learned there.  The work a little aluminum foil would save me.
    One of the best accessories I have ever purchased is the stainless steel drip pans from ceramicgrillstore.com. I like to put foil balls under the pan and keep the drippings from burning. It also keeps the nasty grease smoke from contaminating your bird. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Looks great and man that is one clean cooking grate!
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    I'll use some one else's catch phrase....I'd hit it!!!!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Really strong post. Beautiful bird. You are off to a strong start, keep it coming. 
  • TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Options
    Beautiful. 
    Dallas, TX
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Nailed it!  Great cook!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Good looking bird... I like the color... Did you use any wood chunks?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    No wood chunks.  Did a whole bird a few weeks ago with a little hickory and didn't like the taste- little too smokey, so just had it on the BGE lumps.  Just bought some Royal Oak chunk at the Depot and getting anxious to see how it works out.  Still a rookie with the Egg, so still learning every time I light it up !
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    Nice looking cook
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin