Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP Pineapple Head

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
DP Pineapple Head. It's good. 
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    I need to get some of that, looks terrific @stemc33 and everything you mention @DMW are some of my favorites!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Did you hi-jack a Dole transport? Lots of pineapple dissected with that PC pineapple slicing machine lately. Great looking slices. Love pineapple on the grill. Try dipping the slices in some coconut milk/cream, thicker the better, then sprinkle with DP PH. Cinnamon sugar works too, but PH is so much easier. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    It's amazing on corn on the cob as well
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I add rum the night before to the pineapple as well as the PH. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    It's good on buttered popcorn as well!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I need to get more of this.  I don't know if I will have time to pick some up and I want to grill pineapple this Saturday.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a homemade pineapple rub? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I need to get more of this.  I don't know if I will have time to pick some up and I want to grill pineapple this Saturday.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a homemade pineapple rub? 
    I'd say a combo of sugar in the raw, cinnamon, cayenne, lemon peel, salt, and maybe some with a licorice-type flavor - a bit of anise?
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    try it on peaches mmmmmmmm
  • stemc33
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Man I love this forum for it's idea/recipe sharing. Post a simple fruit and some seasoning and the idea sharing starts. 

Thanks everbody for sharing your favorite uses for the DP Pineapple Head seasoning. Definitely gotta try it on corn on the cob. 

@Skiddymarker, just got on a pineapple kick lately. I've had the Pampered Chef pineapple slicer for over a year and forgot how easy it is to slice pineapple with it. Do you grill the pineapple after dipping in the coconut milk or just eat it without cooking/grilling?  
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    RRP said:
    It's good on buttered popcorn as well!
    My 7 year old destroys it.  Keep a bottle on hand just for this, and apple pies, the only commercial rub I buy.  Good stuff. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Grill it after the coconut milk spa treatment. Years ago picked up a recipe for pineapple slices dipped in coconut then run thru a cinnamon sugar mix, then grilled - just to warm it and give it some lines. Serve with whip cream or ice cream. In a hurry one night and tried DP PH found we like it as well. Usually do some with coco milk, some “neat”. 
    Good kick to be on, under $2.50 each at local restaurant supply store. We have the same PC dissector - work like a charm. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    We love DP PH in my house too.  Good stuff!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    I love the PH!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    I think this guy LOVES Pineapple Head!

Flint, Michigan
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    That looks awesome, your killing me now I'm gonna have to pick up some this weekend! Thanks for sharing this.  
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Found a new use for Pineapple Head. I added it to my morning oatmeal yesterday. Absolutely amazing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    I still suggest you try it on hot buttered pop corn and you will become a believer! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stemc33
    Options
    DMW said:
    Found a new use for Pineapple Head. I added it to my morning oatmeal yesterday. Absolutely amazing.
    I'm trying it tomorrow. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming