Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Plans for assembly, take apart, reassembly

Options

Hi Everyone, I have a rooftop deck in Chicago- no nice big yard unfortunately, not yet at least. I am trying to locate table plans that would be easy to assemble and take apart. We will most likely not be our condo any longer than 3-4 more years, but I want to enjoy egging on my L BGE with a nice table that I can put together. Trying to think ahead and would like to be able to break down a table for moving purposes- 4 flights of stair, no elevator.

Anyone familiar with a set of plans? Many thanks in advance for the insight!!!

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Personally I'd stay with the nest and use a side table. A restaurant store, lowes or Craigslist is a great place to find a stainless steel table. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EggbertMcG
    Options
    Thanks henapple, appreciate the candor; i thought about this but it just not the look i am going for- i will keep researching.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Maybe you can just construct a normal table and use screws to hold the main parts together. Then when you move, just undo the screws and take the main pieces down that way?
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Build a regular table and use lag bolts to unbolt and tear down in sections. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    You could build the table as normal and leave it, with or without the egg, when you move. 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • EggbertMcG
    Options
    The lag bolts are a good idea- can maybe get it into, a minimum, 2 sections top counter and bottom (with legs still attached) thought maybe a hex with a wing to tighten, untighten
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Lag bolts holding the horizontal stretchers to the legs. Then the table top and bottom shelves can simply sit on the horizontal stretchers or screw into them. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• VitiminJ
    VitiminJ Posts: 7
    Options
    It sounds like you have a few options. I really just wanted to comment on your avatar. Are you from Cleveland originally? Which mustard do you prefer? I like Bertman's better myself.
  • Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    Options
    I recently bought the BGE mahogany table.  Breaks down to two shelves, 4 legs.  4 nuts per leg to assemble.  Took about 10 minutes to have the table up.  If you can find one on display somewhere it might give you some ideas.
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    carriage bolts
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos