Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fight meal

Options
124»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    Dag, you make me want to buy a larger cooker. My brother has a BBQ catering service in FL. He has a 500, 250 and a 120 gal (i think) along with and XL egg. He said the smoke flavor is much more pronounced with his stick burners than than on the egg.

He likes to set it and forget it with the egg and guru. 
    Nice!  I still want a 500 gallon offset.  One day it will be mine!  ;)

Set it and forget it is great for sure.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    @cazzy
    What?  You're not using Aaron Franklin's serrated slicer?  Thought ya'll were buddies  =)
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • cazzy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    @cazzy
    What?  You're not using Aaron Franklin's serrated slicer?  Thought ya'll were buddies  =)
    Lol...it was the same "scalloped" knife fool.  :punch: 
  • Backyard Mike
    Options
    Can you use a stoker with this cooker?
  • cazzy
    Options
    Can you use a stoker with this cooker?
    Yes.  Pretty much every controller will work.  I have a guru for it but haven't used it.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    CAZZY GOT OWNED I HEARD.  TOSS SOME MEAT CHURCH DEEZ NUTS ON HIM AS I DRINK FROM MY BGC COZZY IN MY I LIKE PIG BUTTS AND CAN'T LIE SHIRT.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @cazzy Can you post a full frontal of your stick burner? Yes that is of your stick burner.    
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @cazzy Can you post a full frontal of your stick burner? Yes that is of your stick burner.    
    @thetrim let's get even more specific :wink: 
    :fearful:
     Specifically your vertical Vault Pitmaker Smoker. No sausage fest here. :nuh_uh: :lol: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    By the way Carl. I hate you!  I'm seriously considering this in Scarlet and Cream or Orange and Navy Blue. They're just pure sexy!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    :fearful: Specifically your vertical Vault Pitmaker Smoker. No sausage fest here. :nuh_uh: :lol: 

Don't need a sausage fest.   That's just what I'm looking for. A pic of the whole smoker.  I'm really interested in a stick burner and if I can't get @SGH unit#6, I need to explore other options. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    CAZZY GOT OWNED I HEARD.  TOSS SOME MEAT CHURCH DEEZ NUTS ON HIM AS I DRINK FROM MY BGC COZZY IN MY I LIKE PIG BUTTS AND CAN'T LIE SHIRT.
    Man, I was hoping people didn't find out!   :s
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    OMG! That is an awesome cook.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• cazzy
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    :fearful: Specifically your vertical Vault Pitmaker Smoker. No sausage fest here. :nuh_uh: :lol: 

Don't need a sausage fest.   That's just what I'm looking for. A pic of the whole smoker.  I'm really interested in a stick burner and if I can't get @SGH unit#6, I need to explore other options. 

• thetrim
    Options
    There we go, @cazzy. Thanks.  That looks great
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    They look legit!  Doesn't look like chitzy metal. The design is simple and functional. Read some reviews and most have been 5*  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/5005967952.html Available in Seattle, wish I had the stones to pull the trigger.
    Seattle, WA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cazzy and his new smoker:
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @littlegreendouche @biggreencraig you made inside out ass backwards sushi with the Nori on the outside at eggfest and got 2nd place, Google nori on the outside of sushi it says once you figure out what you are doing try putting the rice on the outside. Had no one on the team ever eaten sushi? Craig uses this site to get hits on his site and has since day one I can't figure out how people stand up for him. As I have stated before he cooks standard crap than is par for the forum and tries to sell **** all the time like meat church and the swing rack and everything else he mentions in his posts. He is a troll selling crap on this forum. It sucks cause meat church holy cow is my go to red meat rub right now but I am not buying anymore when it's gone cause Craig is associated with it. Hopefully @MeatChurch sees this and realizes Craig is not a good rep for his product.
  • cazzy
    Options
    LGD

:lol:
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    @cazzy - What is that brand of sausage you used? 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • cazzy
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    @cazzy - What is that brand of sausage you used? 
    Kialbasa from Costco...really like the tradional link size in these packs.  With cherry wood...the color is amazing.

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Yeah those shots coming off the smoker look fantastic. Thanks for the info!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO