Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's for dinner tonight?

Options
2»

Comments

• mast3quila
    Options
    QBabe,
    Fabulous plan you have...I may just use you as an example of why I need another egg!
    What you didn't see in that picture were the tater tots doing their thing in the oven.
    Must.....Get...A...Mini...[p]Cheers!

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    QBabe,
    Dang, I should be making those beans too... I just forgot. I'm cooking up a huge beef rib roast.
    I'm making those beans tomorrow for sure....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    QBabe,
    I'm making sugar and alder smoked salmon and then make a salmon pate.[p]Howard in Bartow

• Brobear
    Brobear Posts: 43
    Options
    QBabe,[p]4:2:1 ribs (240 degrees). I had a 1 man scramble golf tournament, my wife was out of pocket, so I had to start the ribs early. The wife got home and foiled them after 4 hours. They are falling off the bone now, and due to this, I will not be able to flip them on the 1 hour direct. They should be great, though.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    QBabe,
    Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers....first time.[p]Mike

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    QBabe,
    I passed on them this morning in favor of watching the sun come up while sitting in a turkey blind talking turkey with 4 gobblers.[p]Banker John

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    I did those the other night. It is a great recipe. Enjoy, it's a keeper. Tom.

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Borders ,
    so, how'd the short butt cook work out? [p]I usually still set them up overnight at 220, but last weekend's was probably 14-16 hours, even at that temp. Foiled it, shut down the egg and just left it in the pan in the egg until after noon, when I pulled it and immediately vacuum packed it for the freezer, since I had 2# of pulled pork out of the freezer from the last cook.
    If you're doing it in 8hrs, are you starting in the morning and taking it off later in the day?
    best, HS

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    HolySmokes, It turned out great. I was inspired by a discussion on food safety on slow cooks, and my own laziness.[p]I started with a 35 degree butt at 9:45am, dome temp 320. I maintained dome temp 320 til the meat hit 150, then dialed down to 275. When it got thru the plateau which was more of a slowing down than stopping, I increased to 320 again.[p]Dinner was done at 6. I could tell no difference on this butt from the dozens I have done before. My wife said it was the best ever. Unless I need to be done in the morning, I doubt I'll do another overnighter for pulled pork.[p]Take care, Scott

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Borders ,
    I liked your method for the butt cook. What part of the butt did you use? Do you think that would make a difference? What if you did 2 or 3 butts at the same time? Thanks for the info. This is new method for me. I hate over nighters. Tom

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    BajaTom, I used a 7# bone in Boston Butt. I see no difference in using 1-3 butts. I usually do at least 2, but this was an experiment.
    Scott