Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Knife Reccomendations

Options

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    Beef Lover,[p]Thats a question like "What your favorite beer?". You'll get nearly as many answers as people you talk too. I like Wusthof and Henckel Knives, but there are a bunch of other great ones out there. There's a thread in the archives that goes into this in detail.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    Beef Lover,
    7 inch single bevel global deba. scary sharp and holds an edge better than most. a little work to sharpen, but mine only needs to be honed about once a year. dont use a steel with this knife, it would ruin it.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    Beef Lover,[p] If you don't like to mess with sharpening and can refrain from dropping it, a Kyocera Santoku ceramic is your knife.
    The are razor sharp and stay that way with minimal care, but they are very brittle and drop it once and you'll be using two halves from then on.[p]I like them, but use Wusthof Trident more because I dropped my ceramic once. Then threw it away. :-(

• Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    07c62b63.jpg
    <p />SuperDave,
    Ditto! Loved the ceramic I got as a gift until it fell in the sink and broke into 2 pieces. My Wusthof collection works just fine for any job!

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Visit a store (or stores) and see what feels good in your hand.[p]That said - if I were buying a new knife, I would be looking awfully close at the Shun knifes.[p]Toy Man
  • David
    David Posts: 97
    Options
    Agree on Global. There is also a great utility knife in the F-**** 7" offset bread knife. Killer knife and $20 via eBay dealers.[p]DJ