Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: RANT against unwanted calls & my solution: OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
My original thread was sunk by the mods, but I just wanted to report back. So far in 24 hours not a single one of those 20 numbers have made it through so the call forwarding must be working! A review of my past history of calls via Comcast has 4 of those who try 2 to 4 times a day EVERYDAY! BTW we have received calls from friends so I know our phone is working.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2015
    :whistle: :rofl:   Couldn't help myself Ron.  Darn caller ID
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    @RRP, I didn't realize the magnitude of your problem with unwanted  calls in your OP. If this idea ends up not working, you might want to consider changing your number. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited May 2015
    Ya gotta wonder the filters used to sink threads-@RRP's goes south discussing a worthwhile cause and Devastated survives for over three thousand posts...the power of the mods.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Cell phone only for 10+years, unwanted calls very rare.
    Seattle, WA
  • RRP
    stemc33 said:
    @RRP, I didn't realize the magnitude of your problem with unwanted  calls in your OP. If this idea ends up not working, you might want to consider changing your number. 
    well, we have had this number for 36 years. Really caller ID has taken the sting out of it, but there is still the nuisance of having to look. Back during my working career it was mandatory that I take calls from my employer essentially 24/7. Before caller ID that meant answering every call and I grew to resent that intrusion in my life. That was even part of our decision to move to the boonies (at least boonies back then) so at least door to door salesmen wouldn't be interrupting our privacy that way.

BTW the persistent calls are those D*MN credit card "lowering your intent rate" calls from all over the country! Oh and the RNC calls became so much of an irritant I quit giving to them all together!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Ron, if you mentioned it, I didn't see it... is the number you are forwarding to a toll free, local or long distance number? If LD, you are paying for every call (unless your plan has minutes included).

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    How is your answering machine holding up?
    NOLA
  • RRP
    Ron, if you mentioned it, I didn't see it... is the number you are forwarding to a toll free, local or long distance number? If LD, you are paying for every call (unless your plan has minutes included).
    It's an LD, but in my case I have unlimited calling, but that's a good point for others to consider though!