Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prayers, Good Thoughts, or Whatever You Have For My Son's Friend.

johnkitchens
johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
One of my sons very good friends was in a really bad accident last night. I still don't have all of the details, but what I do know is that he is 15 and hit an embankment head on at a high rate of speed on a four wheeler. 

He and my son play golf together several times a week and they played yesterday. The accident happened sometime late yesterday afternoon. He went for a ride and never came home. His family went looking for him and found him sometime after it was dark. 

I don't know the total extent of his injuries, but I do know that he broke two vertebrae in his back, severed his small intestine, and did some sort of damage to his pancreas. I have heard that he also had other internal injuries and two broken  legs. Honestly I don't know the full extent of his injuries. I did manage to get his 17 year old sister on the phone late this afternoon. I could tell she was exhausted and very emotional. He is in intensive care at the trauma center and had surgery sometime during the night.

They are telling his family that should recover, but he will have a very long road ahead of him. He is a nice little guy, and I feel really bad for him.  

For those of you that pray please say a prayer for him. For those of you that don't please send good vibes his way. His name is Ross. Most of us have kids, and it hits home when it is someone you have seen grow up. 

Thank you. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments