Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tips on a Tip!

Options
Jeff
Jeff Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need a litte help on a Sirlion Tip. Will be for dinner Sun. evening. Marinate, cooking time, fast/slow. Thanks for any info. you can give me.

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Jeff,[p]I prefer not to marinade my steaks since getting my egg. I would use just Kosher salt, pepper and a little garlic salt if you like it.[p]Get the egg as hot as possible (800* or more dome temp) and sear the meat a few minutes on each side then close the egg up good an tight and let it sit in there about 5-10 minutes depending on how done you like your steaks.

• He might be asking about a sirloin tip roast.

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    George,[p]Now that I went and re-read the orginal post, I believe you may be right. I have GOT to start using my reading glasses more:~)[p]Thanks for the correction.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Jeff, the last sirloin roast or similar that I did wasn't really kosher but it was better than any pot roast I have had before, be it pressure cooked or ??[p]I roasted mine at 350 degrees till the internal came to around 140 degrees..then I placed it on a aluminum foil sheet and sliced onions on top of the roast and covered it tightly. I left it at around 300 to 350 for another hour to hour and a half..opent the foil, and use a fork. If you can easily separate the meat, your done..otherwise let it go another half hour or so. So tender it fell apart. I also added some crushed garlic to the onion..Do as your taste buds prefer. [p]My first roast was a near distaster..so tuff I almost trashed it....But into the crock pot..some Kansas City or Cookies BBQ sauce and it was great eating after about 6 hours in the pot..Best BBQ I have had yet with beef.[p]Cheers..C~W[p]
  • Char-Woody, I haven't done a sirloin tip roast in years, but when I did I, took them off med rare. I wouldn't do one as a pot roast. IMO it's too good a cut for pot roast.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    George, I totally agree on the "Tip" roast if we are talking abut the tri tip..![p]