Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

maiden voyage for my TTT

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There is a certain elegance in a mechanical self-feedback device like that I can appreciate.
    Options
    It rained on mine the last time, and the rain on the metal spring threw it for a loop.  It cooled the spring, so it opened the flap wide open.  I put the deck umbrella over it and it closed back down. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    There is a certain elegance in a mechanical self-feedback device like that I can appreciate.

There's something lewd in there, somewhere.
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited May 2015
    Options

From a retired maintenance tech from the high technology food industry, "Simple I good." I am always in favor of things that have fewer failure points. As in the computer program world, simple is elegant but difficult to achieve.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    Options
    I tried to post about the TTT but it didn't happen
  • mo egg
    Options
    What a bbq site, if you post about another grill it don't post, what are you ashamed of, I have a egg also, its suppose to be about bbq not grills
  • mo egg
    Options
    I was trying to post about the TTT and what luck I have with it on another grill, but it didn't post, what a site
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    mo egg said:
    I was trying to post about the TTT and what luck I have with it on another grill, but it didn't post, what a site
    Try calling the mods a-holes...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @mo egg FWIW it seems to be kind of random when this happens.  Sometimes any URL on any topic seems to trigger it.  I've seen quite a few discussions on this site about other grills, including a recent long thread on BGE versus Kamado Joe.  Also, discussions about Acorn (if that's what it's called) and other lesser priced ceramic grills.  I know it can be frustrating but sometimes people will do a workaround like saying google this term in lieu of the URL to help direct others to a site.  Of course, maybe I'm misreading your point or particular challenge.

Edit: Akorn grill
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• mo egg
    Options
  • mo egg
    Options

Their a-holes

There

• mo egg
    Options
    No it was a broil king keg, insulated and does a very good job with the TTT
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    mo egg said:

Their a-holes

There

You need to start an entire thread about this.  Trust me.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Fit the MM?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mo egg
    Options

Tried again to show picture and it wont post like I said what a site, I like the big steel site a lot better you don't have to have a steel keg, you can have any grill and post about it, like I said what a site

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Fit the MM?
    The dome opening on a maxi mini is the same as a small - right? If so then the answer maybe, maybe not. The reason is the diameter of the TTT is 5" but the depth of the exterior is only 1.25". It is meant to sit over the opening and be sealed by the Grifiti Band. But on a small or even a mini then it just rests loosely on the top of the egg's neck. Make sense?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here's what I mean. The exterior is 5" and then the raised area is just 3" meaning it would have to rest loosely on the flat 1" circular area.

I suppose a guy could try to glue in a gasket to help seal on a M/M or a mini.
    just the same it would merely perch on the neck and look like a tiny hat on a fat clown's head!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thanks Ron!  Just a FYI for MM, Mini and Small owners Matthew over at Smokeware is in the process of making an adaptor or something or another that will allow them to use the Smokeware. This would then allow for this gadget to slip into the Smokeware if so desired. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks Ron!  Just a FYI for MM, Mini and Small owners Matthew over at Smokeware is in the process of making an adaptor or something or another that will allow them to use the Smokeware. This would then allow for this gadget to slip into the Smokeware if so desired. 
    I can confirm that as I too talked with Matt recently!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    mo egg said:

Tried again to show picture and it wont post like I said what a site, I like the big steel site a lot better you don't have to have a steel keg, you c an have any grill and post about it, like I said what a site

@mo egg, I have posted about the BGE and it not go through. Sometimes it just hangs up on something and when it says it has to be approved it isn't going to happen.   Just change the name of the thread and repost.   I put one  on about the Kahuna and it went through.   Sometimes photos won't post and you have to change their file names, so they will.   The one I think most of us don't like is it will change the order of our photos at times.   Not sure why.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @RRP ... geez, the Mayflower's voyage was shorter than your TTT's.  =)

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered my TTT.  Don't know for sure when I will get the medium egg I have bought it for, but I'll give it a go on my large after it arrives.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• RRP
    Options
    @RRP ... geez, the Mayflower's voyage was shorter than your TTT's.  =)
    Well, you can quit holding your breath, pilgrim...I am egging ABTs  and Pig Shots tomorrow for sure and will use my TTT.
  • 78 T140E
    78 T140E Posts: 110
    Options
    mo egg said:

Tried again to show picture and it wont post like I said what a site, I like the big steel site a lot better you don't have to have a steel keg, you can have any grill and post about it, like I said what a site

Here ya go! The TTT at work on a KEG.

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Did you get rained out, Ron? It has been extremely wet over here!
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • RRP
    Options
    Did you get rained out, Ron? It has been extremely wet over here!
    No...guess you missed my post...
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1180567/abts-pig-shots-a-k-a-circle-the-wagons-ttt-attacking#latest
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Ahh Haa, the old bait and switch trick ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• EggHead_Bubba
    EggHead_Bubba Posts: 566
    Options
    How well does the TTT fit on the large BGE? I asked in a different thread before I searched and found this one. Thanks

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    This is an elegant solution and when I saw the price, only $29.99, I immediately tried to order one.
    No. Nonono. NONONONO!!!!!  
    :bawling: 
    They only accept payment via Paypal, or via credit card through Paypal.  
    I've never been able to get a paypal account, they don't like my credit card for whatever reason.  For FOUR DAMN YEARS I've tried to contact them to see what the problem is, they refuse to answer.  My card issuer, USAA, tells me there's no problem, my credit rating is a perfect 850, no debts whatsoever for 5 years now, and STILL that damn *#&%^!! company is f*cking me over!  

I've sent TTT an email, hopefully they'll give me an alternate way of paying for one; it's a cool solution and I really would like to try it, especially for the price.  

Thanks for letting me vent.  GAWD I hate Paypal!!!!  :banghead:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• 78 T140E
    78 T140E Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Botch said:
    This is an elegant solution and when I saw the price, only $29.99, I immediately tried to order one.
    No. Nonono. NONONONO!!!!!  
    :bawling: 
    They only accept payment via Paypal, or via credit card through Paypal.  
    I've never been able to get a paypal account, they don't like my credit card for whatever reason.  For FOUR DAMN YEARS I've tried to contact them to see what the problem is, they refuse to answer.  My card issuer, USAA, tells me there's no problem, my credit rating is a perfect 850, no debts whatsoever for 5 years now, and STILL that damn *#&%^!! company is f*cking me over!  

I've sent TTT an email, hopefully they'll give me an alternate way of paying for one; it's a cool solution and I really would like to try it, especially for the price.  

Thanks for letting me vent.  GAWD I hate Paypal!!!!  :banghead:

You can have PayPal set up a direct withdrawal from your bank.  That's what I do some times if I don't want to use one of my credit cards.

You can also try this seller BBQ Equipment Store. But I think that you're going to find that most sellers only accept MC, Visa, AmEx or Discover cards.