Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Bragging Zone - Kids' Grades Edition

Options
I have two daughters cranking it in school!  My collegiate junior at The University of Michigan grabbed three A's and an A+!   She's studying elementary education.  My first grader is not quite finished with this semester, but the progress report we received last week has all A's with A+s in Spelling and Bible.  Mighty proud papa here!
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone that's awesome. My daughter is in kindergarten and has received all outstandings on her interim report.  Love to see your 1st grader has Bible, if you don't mind what kind of school do they attend.  My daughter just one the bible quiz for elementary k-5 at her school (Independent Fundamental Baptist).  Guess it helps daddy is in his 2nd year of training to be a pastor. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @ryanttShe attends a Christian school & we are active with the AWANA program at our church.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    College Junior and a first grader...  Big difference in age my friend.  Congrats on the grades, my wife is a first grade teacher and wishes every parent took an interest in their kid's success.  My kid isn't school age yet but when he does the expectation will be set similarly high.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone AWANA is an outstanding program.  My wife and I love how it's structured and all the fun we have.  Nice to know others on this site are involved.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My kid is in kindergarten so no grades; that starts in two years I think. But he does have a BJJ tournament Saturday and is involved with our local church New Spring!

I am actually looking forward to when he has the chance to earn grades. 
    Boom
  • TylerA
    TylerA Posts: 85
    Options
    My son (2nd grade) and my Daughter (4th grade) have been on the A honor role the whole year.  i am very proud of them.

LBGE
    Huffman, TX
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @Fred19Flintstone AWANA is an outstanding program.  My wife and I love how it's structured and all the fun we have.  Nice to know others on this site are involved.  
    I was the commander at our old church and I'm the secretary now and will prolly be a director for Sparks or T&T next year.
    Flint, Michigan
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Way to go Fred. I am glad they are doing good! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Amazing, Goes to show you that hard working kids can make the best of it regardless of the parents they have to put up with.  =)

Every right to be proud Freddy - Congrats to the whole family. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Amazing, Goes to show you that hard working kids can make the best of it regardless of the parents they have to put up with.  =)

Every right to be proud Freddy - Congrats to the whole family. 
    ZING!  Thanks Skiddy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fred19Flintstone said:
     Mighty proud papa here!
    You should be brother 19. ^^^^^^
    Glad that they are making outstanding grades, I wish them continues success. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Congrats to your kids...ain't it cool being a proud papa!!!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Gesh guess I am the only one here with a dumb kid. All "c" with a "A" in gym. I'm so proud.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Gesh guess I am the only one here with a dumb kid. All "c" with a "A" in gym. I'm so proud.
    Sounds like my grades from back on the day.
    Flint, Michigan
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Hell he is doing better then i did in school. Just ticks me off cuz I know he can do better if he wanted to.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa