Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snake River Tri Tip / Tacos

Options
McStew
McStew Posts: 965

Well after two months of no egging I was finally able to get back in the game with some tri tip and tri tip tacos.  Once we returned from our honeymoon I decided to order a couple of tip's and a brisket from Snake River Farms.  For todays tri tip I trimmed fat cap off and seasoned with The Rub Co. Santa Maria one of my personal favorites refrigerated for 8 hours then added a light dusting of Bad Byron's.  The MM was set up at 225 indirect with Red Oak Chunks for 1.5 hours pulled and let rest for 20 min.  The MM was then fired up to 700 direct and I then dropper directly on the coals for 45 seconds per side pulled and rested for 25 min sliced and served .   Well I do have to say this was the best dang tri tip I have ever had the quality of the meat was great!  Stay tuned for the brisket in a couple of weeks.  Hope you enjoy!

Fat Cap off

The RUB CO Santa Maria Blend

RED OAK CHUNKS

after setting up for indirect I made sure to bring temp down to about 225 range

1.5 hours indirect 225

Cave Man Style Tri Tip

Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments